• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw Files

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new Nikon camera (D850) and the raw files it produces aren't readable on my PC or with Photo Elements 14

How can I get PE 14 to read the files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

I think the OP will either have to convert to DNG or upgrade to Elements 2018, Jim.

As you say, the D850 was first supported in 9.12.1. Elements 14 is only compatible with Camera Raw up to 9.5 (7 dot releases behind).

Although it's not mentioned here Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility , I think only Elements 2018 is compatible with Raw 9.12.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 14 first installs with Camera Raw 9.0. Your camera requires at least Camera Raw 9.121. You can update Camera Raw to 9.5. Check for updates and get Camera Raw updated, and then you should have support for your NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP will either have to convert to DNG or upgrade to Elements 2018, Jim.

As you say, the D850 was first supported in 9.12.1. Elements 14 is only compatible with Camera Raw up to 9.5 (7 dot releases behind).

Although it's not mentioned here Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility , I think only Elements 2018 is compatible with Raw 9.12.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! I wasn't thinking. 12 is higher than 5. I have corrected that misunderstanding myself in the past. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to apologize, Jim. Adobe's version numbering is confusing at the best of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines