• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

raw images in photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just used my new Canon EOS 7D Mark II last night for the first time, using the settings where the camera saves the images as raw and jpeg.  I have never shot raw images before and wanted to try it out.  I put the images on my MacBook Pro, like I always do, both jpeg and raws. I selected the images I wanted to edit and tried dragging and dropping them into photoshop like I always do.  When I did this, a different screen popped up, asking me to open, edit, close.... with editing functions on it.  I clicked open and put them into my normal editing area, edited them, and saved them.  They all went from ~15MB down to ~5MB and turned into JPEG.  I dont know why, but they also shrunk in file size when I put them into photoshop.  Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw images are inherently bigger. Depending on the content of the image, and the amount of compression chosen when you save the JPEG from Photoshop, 5 MB seems to be a reasonable size for the resulting image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your camera settings, I think you are set to M-Raw and not the full resolution Raw. I would expect a full Raw file from the 7DII to be around 24 - 28 MB and have the pixel dimensions 5472x3648. M-Raws are smaller (4104x2736).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines