• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Camera Raw file open problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is opening CR3 files from Bridge.  I can open them in Photoshop but not from Bridge.  I receive these messages when I click on images in Bridge..."code execution cannot proceed because manta.dll not found."  and "code execution cannot proceed because icucrnv.dll was not found."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, it didn't work. Memory issue may have gone away. Time will tell. But the opening cr3 files didn't change. Also, still not showing .cr3 in the preferences - file type associations, only .crw and .cr2.  This seems like an easy fix for someone from Adobe to be able to send out a patch update. Am I wrong?  If so, who do I need to talk to?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just completed the process with the same result. I guess we’ll have to wait for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm real sorry that you're having these issues. I was hopping that Chuck would have an answer but this apparently is a bigger deal than that.

I do have one more suggestion: convert your images to DNG images.

The process can be done either during the importing process when ingesting the images using Photo Downloader (the icon to the right of the boomerang in the upper left hand region of Bridge. This is very straightforward and will convert during the installation process.

Alternatively, and for images that are already on your computer, use the Adobe DNG Converter

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

You might find some who think that this is a not good process but I completely disagree. I've converted all of my CR2 images to DNG and even when I had a Nikon I did this as well. I've NEVER looked back. For information on the DNG process, see:

https://photographyconcentrate.com/should-you-convert-dng/

Please let me know if this bypasses this issue, at least for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,
Thank you for offering up help. Unfortunately this is just a temporary solution as you mentioned. I'm hoping Adobe will actually address the issue. I read through the page you linked to and converting to DNG does not seem like something that will really be of use to me at this time. I don't "import" my photos which is part of why I like using the Bridge/PS workflow vs Lighroom/PS. Adding an additional step to my workflow that will take more time isn't really an option right now. It's currently working for me to select all files I want to work on in ACR and just right click then select "Open in Camera Raw". It seems like a minuscule thing, but it is one more step that I never had to do before and I constantly accidentally hit enter and it opens them individually. I'm not sure why there aren't more people having issues with this change.

This seems like the obvious answer but it would ask me what application to open the cr3 file in and take me to the MS store and once I chose Photoshop it now opens but it can't do a group of photos in the same ACR window like it has in the past. Not without right clicking and choosing open in raw.  So, the problem has slightly corrected, but not entirely.  Maybe there's a legacy setting that I need to select?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanto,

One quick thing is that the time to DNG is not terribly long. You can set it to do a folder and either wait (if it's a hundred or so) or walk away for a coffee kind of thing (depending on the number of files in a folder). So yes it is an extra step but really not much of one.

Admittedly, I love the DNG format and ALWAYS convert any images I get to DNG to reap all the benefits.

The other thing, and forgive me if you already know this, but if you select one or one-hundred images in Bridge and right-click to "Open in Camera raw..." you are good either way. One of the advantages of this approach is if you have a number of images that need the same generic kind of alteration, you can do it to one, then select all, then apply to the rest. Alternatively if you select all and then start to do the alterations it will automatically process those alterations at the same time to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, Yes that is the process in Bridge that I used to be able to do. In the past you could just select the images and hit enter and it would open them all into the same ACR window so you can apply some settings to all. But now you have to right click and do that method I guess. Like I said, maybe I'm being too picky, but I don't understand why something like that would change with an update. It's just adding in another step to a photographers already complicated workflow.

Regarding DNG, I just didn't see any benefits in my business to spend the time doing the conversion. I'm generally working on projects for a very definitive use and wouldn't have a need to come back to them in many years. If so, my archiving and finished files would be sufficient. The only benefit I see is the smaller file size. No more files than I archive it's not enough to justify the extra time for me. Maybe some day the camera manufacturers can all get on the same page and use one system rather than demanding everything be proprietary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanto,

Well, FWIW, I am not having issues on my Mac and it does appear to be a Windows issue. I think (hope??) it's safe to assume that it will be fixed in the next update.

Good luck in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also FWIW, Bridge is working normally for CR2 and ARW files on my Windows 10. Select multiple files, hit Enter, all open together in ACR. (Bridge 9.0.2.219, PS 20.0.3, ACR 11.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elie_di,

Agreed. Bridge still works normally for my CR2 files. So, it must just be a glitch with the new CR3 files. Like Gary said, hopefully they'll fix it in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines