• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving images from Camera Raw on 6-core system exports less images simultaneously than old 4-core system

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For quite a while Adobe Camera Raw has exported multiple images simultaneously when using the "Save images" dialog. On my old dual-core laptop, it would export two at once. On both of the quad-core systems I used later, it would export three images at once (I assume to leave one core available for the rest of the system). I recently built a new 6-core system (with a Core i5 8600k), but now Camera Raw is back only exporting two photos at once, with lots of extra cores just sitting idle.

Any idea why this would be happening? Is it possible to fix it?

More info and screenshots:

Current 6-core computer is running the current version of Windows 10. Previous computers have been both Windows and Macs.

Processor affinity settings have all 6 cores available to Photoshop.

This problem still occurs with Photoshop as the only running application.

Photoshop CC 2019

Screenshot of saving images from Camera Raw on quad-core Macbook Pro, exporting 3 images simultaneously:

acr export mbp.jpg

Screenshot (well, photo of screen) showing saving images on 6-core Windows 10 system, exporting only 2 images simultaneously:

acr export 6core.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?