• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

saving over jpg in ACR

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save over the same jpeg file after you've made edits in ACR? So that the edits will be there when you open them in another program. I seem to only be able to save a copy (file named _1) using the save dialog in camera raw.

I know it's meant to be non-destructive editing. But, if I want to save over the same file so as not to create multiple copies --can I do that?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within camera raw, no you can't save over, as you found out, for good reasons. You really don't want to resave jpg files, as that just increases the noise compression. Best to keep an original, even better to shoot RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

To overwrite the original JPEG, you would need to open the image in Photoshop from Camera Raw and then save the image through Photoshop.

The Save Image option in Camera Raw saves a new copy of the image to ensure non-destructive editing. If you click on Done in Camera Raw after editing the JPEG, the edits would be saved with the JPEG but the preview of those edits and the values would only be visibile in Camera Raw once you open the image back in Camera Raw. The edits may not be visible in other applications.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Sure, that's what I thought might be the case. What is a good workflow in processing a number (100+) through Bridge and camera raw? Other than opening each in PS.

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on what you want to do with the images and how much editing they need. You can open them all in camera Raw, though Bridge - ctrl/cmd-R to bypass opening in PS. Make you correction. If you then want to make a saved copy, with the edit baked in, use the save in ACR, just save to another folder, if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yea OK. I guess I'm just trying to avoid duplicating files (because of storage space).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines