• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Adjustment Brush Doesn't Hold Settings

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new ACR, the adjustment brush doesn't hold settings from the last time I used it, like the old one did.  I don't want to have to save an adjustment brush every time I want to make the same selective adjustments on a few images.  Am I missing a setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody?  I can't imagine it's just me...
BTW, aaaargh for moving everything, like "previous conversion" and literally every setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! I hate this version so much! Hopefully a fix comes soon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have found the same the adjusment brush is no tworking correctly very annoying when paying £120 a year subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically which 'adjustment brush'? 

If I configure a brush to a certain size and feather (tried spot healing), use it, click done and go back to the raw, the size and feature IS sticky. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Specifically which 'adjustment brush'?"

The only adjustment brush.

The solution, iirc correctly, was to uncheck the new, and by default checked, button at the bottom of the adjustment brush sliders, which is "Reset Sliders Automatically".

The still annoying thing, is that if I use the adjustment brush, and then hit Z to zoom or something, even thought the adjustment brush tab is open, I have to switch to another tool and back to the adjustment brush tab to get the brush back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again no; not at all happening on this end. The Brush (after typing K key) size and feather ARE STICKY. 

Try a Reset of the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for your misunderstanding.  I was always talking about the selective edits values, not the size and feather.  And as I said, the solution was the button at the bottom to reset the sliders.  Thanks for trying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The (selective edits values) being the various slider settings for what is used for a brush? 

On this side, making a new brush honors those settings (so again, they are sticky like the actual brush).

You might consider providing the version of ACR, and your OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the issue was solved already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear the answer to the first question was "Yes" <g>. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adjustment brush should be seperate from the mask menu to reduce clicks.  It's also very frustrating that I have to reselect the brush tool when I go to the next picture. This slows the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My comment relates to ACR 14 and the new mask options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines