• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 677 Replies 677
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this delay is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I totally agree, and now is november, still no sign for profiles of this lens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to request a lens profile for the Pentax DFA 21mm f2.4 Limited lens. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oppo x5 lense corectsion profiles missing. From android  lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently discovered that LR mobile handles Apples RAW files really nicely. I use it for professional Location Scouting.

One really big issue though is the horrendous vignetting caused by the Ultra-wide lens. Unfortunately there is still no lens profile to correct this after almost a year of the phones release.

Any solutions would be great! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also the moustache distortion needs correcting too.

iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ttartisan 11mm f2.8 fisheye RF 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add smc Pentax-FA 50mm F1.4 (https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/k/standard/smcpentax-fa50/) for Lens profile. It's almost complete all of FA series but except this one. This lens is show on Metadata (Library Mode) but not include in Lens Corrections in Model. so weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minolta Maxxum AF Zoom 100-300mm 1:4.5 (32) -5.6 55mm°, prod. code: 2606-100, makernote ID: 26061.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I own a drone the Autel Nano Plus . Would be nice to have this profile thank you.

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just installed LR 11.5 and to my supprise there's still no lens profile for the Sony FE 24-70mm 2.8 GM II.

This has to be an error. At least an very odd omission. It is a flagship pro lens released at the end of April. This is really an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are now in November and there is still no profile available for the Sony FE 24-70 GM II. This is very bad customer support from Adobe considering that this lens has been out for half a year now. If Adobe does not provide profile support for this lens in the next update, I'll seriously consider switching to Capture One. Such lousy support by Adobe is certainly not what I pay the not inconsiderable monthly supscription fee for! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll seriously consider switching to Capture One. 

I dare you... I bet you not... consider your bluff called

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest lenses added in August 2022... great, but still no support for the Sony FE 24-70 mm F2.8 GM II.

How long until we finally see it being suported ?

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/camera-lenses/sel2470gm2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I bought the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art for Sony-E, but I saw There was no profile available in Raw 12.1. Instead it takes the profile of the Sigma 24-70mm DG OS HSM A017. Does anybody know when the correct profile wil be recognised by Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN lens profile is not getting recognized in Camera Raw 12.1 version.

I do not see this Lens supported by Camera Raw yet. You may also check the same here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

Would you mind checking out this article https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than two years on from the OP.....I have the L-Mount version of this lens.

There are currently three lens profile versions available in Lightroom and Camera Raw (v14.5) : Sigma L, Sony and Sony V2.

Sigma L corrects for vignetting but makes no optical corrections (as suggested in Adobe's current list of supported lenses). Sony partially corrects optical distortion, but not vignetting, Sony V2 partially corrects optical distortion and most vignetting.

Photolab 4 (DXO) does an near perfect job of correcting both optical distortion and vignetting automatically.

I would rather not have to open raw files in Photolab and export to Lightroom. Could Adobe be persuaded to re-examine the profile for this lens?

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 20.52.48.png

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 20.55.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you can also request support in this thread, do give as much details you gave here...

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lens-correction-add-a-lens-on-supported-list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any information on the avaialablity of Sony FE 24-70 F2.8 GM II - lens profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also waiting for this lens profile to be available. Please can we have an ETA ? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was surprised that Adobe's latest update didn't have the lens profile for the Sony FE 24-70 mm F2.8 GM II. Can you please advise when this will be provided? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this lens 2 weeks ago and I'm really surprise adobe didn't have the lens profile correction for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens profile was not included in the three updates since the release date of Sony FE 24-70 F2.8 GM2. I thought it would be in this major update 15.0.
Sony FE 70-200 F2.8 GM2 lens profile was released right away, so maybe something is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this popular lens for over four months but still don't see a Lightroom profile.  Am I missing something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club. Adobe hates users of that lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines