• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since latest update to 19.1.4 CC "merge to Panorama" in RAW does not always work!

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lastest update to Photoship CC, does not always successfully merge mutliple shots into a panorama unless I merge them within Bridge to get a PSD panorama.  If I drag the same files from bridge into Photoshop (the method whereby I get a dng file of combined images), about half the time it fails to combine and when it does work it returns different results compared to previous version.  The same images I have in the past successfully combined into a dng file no longer merge with this new firmware update. I get an error message "Unable to merge selected images".  And when the merge does happen, the result is very different from previous dng files of same selections: they are typically shorter in height.

I have noted that in this new version, it is possible to merge images with different focal length and even orientation; but far more importantly, I get too many "unable to merge" returns on landscape images I took specifically to creat Panoramas. Interestingly, if I give up in creating a dng file and simply merge within bridge to get a PSD file, those same images do combine into a panorama as before, but I lose the benefit of editting them as a dng file. Has anyone else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?