• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So when will they fix camera raw?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that camera RAW has been a big pile of pooh for a good while now do we have any indication when it will work properly (i.e. i dont have to go make a brew every time I open a new image)?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. We users cannot address your rant.
To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire for Adobe, you should go here and comment:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hardly a rant if it was i would have used many many more capitals and exclaimation marks.. 

was a geniune question as well. 

tehre are acknowledged issues with camera raw. was wondering if there was any indication if there was any idea on timescale to have them resolved. using a depreciated version of CR isnt a solution.. its a workarround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw  there isnt a product option for camera raw on the feature request/bug report fgeedback page - I had already looked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is to use feedback for Adobe Photoshop. And now we're done. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"tehre are acknowledged issues with camera raw. was wondering if there was any indication if there was any idea on timescale to have them resolved. using a depreciated version of CR isnt a solution.. its a workarround."

This is a user to user support forum as such, anyone who's using a pre-release version with possible (as yet by you, undefined issues) cannot under our NDA speak of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

god you are a  chirpy sould arnt you? do you speak to poeple like this when you are away from being a  keyboard warrior?. Fell free to ignore this and any other threads I post.. please... no seriously dont bother responding. your "support" is as much use as camera raw is currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR works fine here, I have no issues with it. What exactly are your problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No classic crop like before. I can not change it like in Photoshop. If you crop image, auto Fit in view does not work. It worked in the older version.

I can continue if you want...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to continue, you're not speaking to Adobe. This is a user to user support forum so you're not being too effective addessing your 'concerns'. 
You should go here:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so any other users, other tahn captain happypants, able to shed any light on issues with camera raw and offer any suggestions to imnprove perfomrance (other than roll backll to an earlier version - which does work fine but you have to keep on repeating the exercise every t ime you get an update to photoshop etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the issues i am experienceing btw are performance related. opening a CR2  file using raws or bridge takes ages as does applying basic changes (e.g. white balance). My Machine is a powerful one I9 1010900F processor, 64 Gb Ram, RTX 3080 graphics card. Adobe apps being run from a SSD. 

using an older version of raw (12.1) is absoluetly fine 12.3 and 12.4 are just as slow as hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines