Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some of my RAW files won't open

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I'm having some trouble opening some of .NEF (RAW) files.

I have a set of RAW files from a recent shoot.  About half will open in Photoshop and LR fine whilst the other half won't open and fail to show a thumbnail in the finder on my MAC.

All the files were taken on the same day, on the same camera and on the same SD card.  They were all transferred to my Mac at the same time.

Now, after a week or so, I return to the images, only about half are readable or can be opened.

I've made sure all my adobe apps are up to date with the latest version.

Any help please.

Thanks

Stuart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

May I know the version of Lr and Ps you are using and the camera you have?

Have you processed your images in Nikon utility software before importing them to Lr or working in Ps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash

I'm using a Nikon d3300 and PS CC2017 and LRCC2015.  I imported the directly through Adobe software, nothing of Nikon's.

On the Mac I used "Get info" and the second half of the RAW files shows a created date of 1/1/1970 and a size on disk of zero.  The first half of the RAW files show a creation date of 8.7.17 and a more accurate size on disk.  It's almost like the second half the files are empty and the data for each file is set to a zero or nominal value.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines