• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7 III - Camera RAW [branched]

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Adobe did a very poor job on the camera matching profiles. Incredible artifacts.

Here is the link to full rez printscreens and the raw. You can try for yourself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Emxq_1nze-nFqQkr6CCh769zTBeBkkPb/view?usp=sharing

Creative style is standard. Sony Imaging Edge vs Photoshop.

Sony Imaging Edge printscreen.jpg

Photoshop printscreen.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me in Lightroom. Imported with the default settings and switching profile from Adobe Color to Camera Standard.

ARW.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Don't have Lightroom ,but I don't think it's different.

2. You have to zoom at 100%, pixel 1:1. At that zoom in your printscreen it's not visible. Check my printscreens but zoom at 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zooomed 1:1 with NR and pushing up sharpening/masking

[EDIT discussion branched to camera raw from Lightroom - moderator]

ARW2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't understand your answer. The artifacts are present in your printscreen. Check the highlights in the bokeh and check how they are supposed to look in the Imaging Edge (but check 1:1 in the jpg in my archive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest it is difficult to compare like with like from jpeg shots without knowing camera settings and how the Sony software applies those settings. Since this model came out there has been a lot of chatter around “Pixel Shift” and other settings and where Sony Image Edge is applying NR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony Imaging Edge is free, you don't have to trust my jpegs.

Camera settings don't matter. A RAW file is a RAW file.

A7 III does not have pixel shift technology. It is in the R version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also not seeing any difference between Adobe or Camera Matching profiles, especially at 3:1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon  wrote

I'm also not seeing any difference between Adobe or Camera Matching profiles, especially at 3:1

Really? It is pretty clear in my screenshot above. These streaky artifacts are completely absent in the Adobe profiles but terrible using the camera matching profiles. Probably something for MadManChan2000​ to look at 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could report it at the Photoshop Family forums, either camera raw or photoshop. The engineers are more likely to see it there and can perhaps take a second look because this is a relatively new model.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the weird and very ugly splotches that look like bad brushstrokes in the bokeh area? Very visible to the right of the cat

Untitled.jpeg

Left Lightroom/ACR with camera standard profile, right your screenshot from Sony's software.

They are only there when using a camera matching profile. In Adobe Color (or any of the other Adobe profiles) they are not there. That does seem like a big problem with the camera matching profiles for this camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly. Actually they are present on all camera matching profiles from this camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

looks similar to the issue that I am facing. https://forums.adobe.com/message/10330441#10330441

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines