Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A9II Adobe camera raw not yet updated

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have bought this camera for professional use.

BUT I still cannot open the raw files with Adobe. (Batch editing, grading etc...)

Does any one know what is happening and when Adobe Camera RAW will be updated?

The camera came out a month ago... I need my work flow back.

It looks like I am going to have to rent a A9 for my next job.... So frustrating.

(yes of course I can open my Raws 1 by 1 with the Sony software or Iridient but I need Batch)

Do you have an idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have to buy the camera and do a lot of work. 3-6 months is my guess, but Adobe won’t say.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that people buy new cameras when they come out, not when the software supports them. Depending on the camera realease date and the Adobe software release date, it may well be that the camera just came out, when developpers froze the camera support for that release. 

Generally Adobe is quite quick with new cameras especially when the changes in the file format are only minor. But still it takes at least one update to get support.

Sometimes you can patch the file header to impose the wrong camera model and when the difference of the file formats are only minor, it may well be that the software decodes then the files.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Adobe Dng Converter 12.1 Beta until Camera Raw gets updated to convert the A9 II files to dng copies which should the open in Camera Raw.

mac

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6791

windows

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6793

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The incredible...
I have downloaded the free Capture One...
And I enjoy it very (very) much...
It could be that I would switch from Adobe?
Because they were slow...
I will keep playing with Capture One for a few days and I very well could purchase it...
After starting on PS6... So many years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines