Sony a9ii raw files not supported by lightroom and photoshop?

Hi, I'm using ligthroom classic v 6.0 and photoshop v 20.0.7. Both are not able to read arw files from Sony a9ii. When will the update be out? Thanks

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Sony a9ii raw files not supported by lightroom and photoshop?

Hi, I'm using ligthroom classic v 6.0 and photoshop v 20.0.7. Both are not able to read arw files from Sony a9ii. When will the update be out? Thanks

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by ssprengel
Adobe Community Professional, Oct 26, 2019

If you have a current Cloud subscription then the next versions of the current LR 8.4.1 and PS 20.0.7 and the DNG Converter 8.4 apps, as Jim says, will probably be able to decode the files, and you just need to be patient.

If you really have LR 6.0 then it'll never be able to read the native raw files from a camera newer than when LR "7" (LR CC) was released; however, the next DNG Converter will probably be able to read them and you could always create DNGs that both the older LR and newest PS would be able to open.

11 Replies

Re: Sony a9ii raw files not supported by lightroom and photoshop?

Correct Answer by JimHess

Last Camera Raw update was 9/11/19. Updates are released approximately every three months. That's as close as anyone can tell you. Updates are never announced in advance.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

If you have a current Cloud subscription then the next versions of the current LR 8.4.1 and PS 20.0.7 and the DNG Converter 8.4 apps, as Jim says, will probably be able to decode the files, and you just need to be patient.

If you really have LR 6.0 then it'll never be able to read the native raw files from a camera newer than when LR "7" (LR CC) was released; however, the next DNG Converter will probably be able to read them and you could always create DNGs that both the older LR and newest PS would be able to open.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Hi,

It's been over 2 weeks since the new camera is released in the market. How long will it take for LR and PS to update the software so I can follow my normal workflow to edit the pics from the new camera?

Thanks!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

i just updated to 21.0.0 and still photoshop won't recognize my sony a9II RAW Files.. Only way I can do anything is to use the converter to DNG.  I hope the next update solves the problem, but the update from last night didn't

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

The results from the beta DNG converter are not useable; way too much noise.  Hopefully a new update is coming soon.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

very disappointed with adobe. im having to use luminar and most likely will purchased this week given adobe is not interested to progress

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I'm using the Sony Edge Viewer//Editor to select files and export them as TIFF...no edits.  Then import the TIFF into Lightroom.    This seems the best alternative for my workflow without having it buy another software package. 

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thanks, this is most helpful advise but fail to install on my imac High Sierra 10.13.6. Are you also running mac?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Yes....the latest Mac Mini

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I just bought the brand new A9ii and unable to open my files in any Adobe software! I'm having to use photomechanic to cull and hopefully convert them from Capture One 😞 Anyone with an update please let me know ASAP!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

only way I can is to use the DNG converter or other software converters to DNG or TIFF then import into Lightroom or Photoshop..  I saw there was an update on Photoshop today, but after it updated, I opened it and tried to import RAW from a9II and still NOT coompatible.. Bummer

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines