• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony rx100v raw files won't open

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open Sony RX100 v RAW files in Photoshop CS6.  The CS6 Camera Raw plug-in is updated to version 9.1.1, and according to Adobe's chart of compatible cameras the  Sony RX100 v is supported.  What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

The CS6 Camera Raw plug-in is updated to version 9.1.1, and according to Adobe's chart of compatible cameras the Sony RX100 v is supported. What am I doing wrong?

The table says it's only supported if you're using a minimum of Camera Raw version 9.8 or higher.

CS6 is not compatible with Camera Raw beyond 9.1.1. So you'll never be able to open Raw files from the Mark V in CS6. No further updates will ever be available for CS6.

You've got a couple of choices:

1. Join the Cloud and use ACR 9.8, or
  2. Download

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the Sony RX100 V is supported? I just checked the list, and I see the Sony RX100 IV, But I don't see your model on the list at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there but the table is out of order.

Adobe has put it in the wrong location in the table by entering it as "Sony DSC-RX100 Mark V". None of the other RX100s have got the DSC prefix. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS6 Camera Raw plug-in is updated to version 9.1.1, and according to Adobe's chart of compatible cameras the Sony RX100 v is supported. What am I doing wrong?

The table says it's only supported if you're using a minimum of Camera Raw version 9.8 or higher.

CS6 is not compatible with Camera Raw beyond 9.1.1. So you'll never be able to open Raw files from the Mark V in CS6. No further updates will ever be available for CS6.

You've got a couple of choices:

1. Join the Cloud and use ACR 9.8, or
  2. Download the free Adobe DNG converter, batch convert folders of Mark V Raw files to DNG format. Then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in CS6. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
    Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

See also Troubleshoot Adobe Camera Raw Compatibility Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I misread the chart.  I thought the 9.8 was for Photoshop CC, but cs6 could read the raw files with 9.1.1.  Too bad Adobe is going to force everyone to go to the cloud at an additional cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not go back and update 4+ year old programs when the USER decides to use a new camera

Stick with what works with CS6 and you don't have to change a thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad Adobe is needs to pay their employees with money their customers provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But unless I'm looking at the wrong list of supported cameras, the Mark V isn't even on the list yet. According to the list I am seeing, the Mark IV is the latest version of the RX100 that is supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We added support for the RX100 Mark V in ACR 9.8/Lightroom 6.8.

Complete list is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the RX 100 Mark V must have a different model designation because it doesn't appear in the list as such. Here is the relevant part of the Sony list of supported cameras.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the page for "Sony DSC-RX100 Mark V"

If you don't find it, you may need to refresh/purge browser cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I will modify the page to be consistent with previous model entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess wrote:

But unless I'm looking at the wrong list of supported cameras, the Mark V isn't even on the list yet. According to the list I am seeing, the Mark IV is the latest version of the RX100 that is supported.

Took me a while too but it's not listed as Sony RX100 V which would sort it immediately after the Sony RX100 IV.

Adobe has unfortunately listed it as Sony DSC-RX100 Mark V which sorts it after the DSC-R1 further up the table.

sony-rx100v.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed that. May take time to propagate to all regions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. All appears as expected now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines