Sync Settings not working as expected in Camera Raw - Photoshop CC

In older versions of Photoshop, in Camera Raw, I could edit a photo, select a batch, and sync all settings - or a subset of them. While I see where that option is in Camera Raw, when I apply it they almost never work. This along with the fact that when I select, say 5 photos, and then set the contrast this also doesn't apply to all selected photos. What is going on here? I even tried setting the contrast in one photo, selecting the 5 following, clicked sync settings and selected only contrast, and... nothing. I edit thousand(s) of photos and with this system not working my process is being greatly slowed.

Any insights appreciated!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Sync Settings not working as expected in Camera Raw - Photoshop CC

In older versions of Photoshop, in Camera Raw, I could edit a photo, select a batch, and sync all settings - or a subset of them. While I see where that option is in Camera Raw, when I apply it they almost never work. This along with the fact that when I select, say 5 photos, and then set the contrast this also doesn't apply to all selected photos. What is going on here? I even tried setting the contrast in one photo, selecting the 5 following, clicked sync settings and selected only contrast, and... nothing. I edit thousand(s) of photos and with this system not working my process is being greatly slowed.

Any insights appreciated!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
16 Replies

Re: Sync Settings not working as expected in Camera Raw - Photoshop CC

Adobe Community Professional, Feb 20, 2018

I'm using Camera Raw 10.2 on Windows 10, and synchronize settings is working as expected. If I have multiple images loaded in Camera Raw and have them selected or highlighted in Camera Raw then the adjustments are applied to all images. I just confirmed that before replying to your message.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I am using Windows 7, but should that make a difference? I am up to date with Camera Raw (10.2.1), Photoshop CC, and Lightroom CC.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

When I first open a batch of photos I select all of them and then click the "Auto" setting in the basic settings area. Which adjusts everything to what it thinks is best. It appears that having the photos auto toned is keeping the sync settings from working. Why is that? There are some general settings that I like to make across the board, mostly regarding contrast and vibrance, but am typically pretty happy with what the auto does outside of that.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I just opened a group of five images and applied the Auto setting to them as you describe. It applied to all five as expected. Then I tried to adjust the exposure, and it seemed that the selection had been released from some of the images. I select the all five again and tried to adjust the exposure, four of them adjusted but the last one didn't. Then I noticed that one of the images I had loaded was a TIF image. Premature results, I know. But some inconclusive results that you might consider and compare with what you have been doing.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

You are right. I just loaded eight DNG files into Camera Raw 10.2. I reset them and then I applied the Auto adjustment. After doing that, and with all eight selected, any adjustment I make is only applied to the topmost image. That doesn't seem right, for sure. I will report this on a different forum where the Adobe developers pay closer attention. This forum is primarily a user to user forum.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

You may post on this other forum as well if you should so choose to do so.

View all replies

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Jim, thank you for looking into all this and posting to the developer forum.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I have the same problem. I can't sync in ACR. I'm using a Mac with the latest version of ACR.

Rats!!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Feb 21, 2018

Apparently the three of us have verified the problem. I have reported it in another forum, and it has been reported to Adobe engineering. So far, there hasn't been any any further discussion that I have seen.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

This issue is driving me nuts!  any news on a fix?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I had a friend with the same problem.  I suggested he try an old trick of deleting his preferences file.  He did that, and it fixed his problem.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I have the same problem. In addition, if the auto tone box is checked for the importing of Raw files, adjustments made in Camera Raw, are sometimes wiped out and replaced with auto adjustments when the Raw file is opened a second time in ACR.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines