Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The tech behind ACR camera profiles

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I wonder if you can help me understand a little bit better how your color profiles and sensor CFA work. I've noticed that some camera models (like Canon 70D for example) have
a more "eye pleasing" rendering in Lightroom compared to more recent models.

The colors seem to "pop" more for some reason, and images feel overall more vidid with less work required. For me, this is a big plus. Theoretically, would it be possible to create the same profiles for the 5D4 (or any other model for that matter)? Or is it also due to the sensors CFA and the actual RAW files produced by the camera?

Bottom line; can any Canon camera look like the 70D in terms of color and hues? Or like the good old 5D. If so, how? I have read somewhere on your forum that the 70D and previous models were profiled with an older table. I think it would be quite attractive if you could release some new profiles for purchase by using the older table. Make more room for camera color calibration etc. A lot of people praise the old Canon color palette so I think you might gain a lot popularity...

Any info would be much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Unfortunately, you're not talking to the Adobe developers here. This is a user to user forum, users like yourself who are trying to help other users. We don't have any contact with Adobe, and we don't have any inside information. I might suggest that you post your question on a different forum where the developers do monitor and consider questions and suggestions. It's possible that you will get a response that will be more meaningful than what you might get here. Here is the link to that forum:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, you're not talking to the Adobe developers here. This is a user to user forum, users like yourself who are trying to help other users. We don't have any contact with Adobe, and we don't have any inside information. I might suggest that you post your question on a different forum where the developers do monitor and consider questions and suggestions. It's possible that you will get a response that will be more meaningful than what you might get here. Here is the link to that forum:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines