Highlighted

Transform Upright Problem When Saved as a Preset

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since with CR 12.2 my previous Adobe Default settings are now reset and gone, I had to follow the new (complicated) procedure to recreate my Adobe default, now based on a preset. OK, I was able to "fix" it, or so I thought. Part of my camera-specific Adobe Default has always included automatic upright correction.

HOWEVER, now the upright correction is totally messed up. After testing it several times it seems that it won't apply a custom correction evaluating and correcting each actual open image(s) but seemingly tries to apply the same correction values that the original image, the one that was used to create the default preset, needed. So basically it messes up every image that does not happen to need the same correction as the one specific image that I used when I created the preset that now serves as my Adobe Default when opening any images.

Not sure if I explained it well, but this totally messes up my workflow.

In the past the correction was mostly very accurate doesn't matter what image and how many images I opened. Now, I need to do it manually every time otherwise it's screwed up (unless I open the original image that the default was based on.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transform Upright Problem When Saved as a Preset

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since with CR 12.2 my previous Adobe Default settings are now reset and gone, I had to follow the new (complicated) procedure to recreate my Adobe default, now based on a preset. OK, I was able to "fix" it, or so I thought. Part of my camera-specific Adobe Default has always included automatic upright correction.

HOWEVER, now the upright correction is totally messed up. After testing it several times it seems that it won't apply a custom correction evaluating and correcting each actual open image(s) but seemingly tries to apply the same correction values that the original image, the one that was used to create the default preset, needed. So basically it messes up every image that does not happen to need the same correction as the one specific image that I used when I created the preset that now serves as my Adobe Default when opening any images.

Not sure if I explained it well, but this totally messes up my workflow.

In the past the correction was mostly very accurate doesn't matter what image and how many images I opened. Now, I need to do it manually every time otherwise it's screwed up (unless I open the original image that the default was based on.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?