• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update camera raw version 7

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Windows version CS5, face the same issue, tried uninstalled and install again and click on the update software. Still, prompt error downloading and ask to try again later.

Tried individual product "Camera Raw" download as I am not able to upload any Oly EM1 Raw and Sony A7II Raw files. The highest version I can go is only 6.7.1.340, as version 7 gives an error when running the application.

Still not able to open the files for both Oly and A7 Raw.

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Camera Raw​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 6.7 is the most recent version of Camera Raw that can be used by Photoshop CS5. That version of Photoshop is no longer being updated nor supported by Adobe. Both of the camera models that you mention require newer versions of Camera Raw. Your least expensive (free) option would be to download the DNG converter and use it to create DNG copies of your raw images they can be opened in Camera Raw 6.7. You will have all the flexibility afforded by that version of Camera Raw. Or you can purchase Photoshop Elements. It is a scaled down version of Photoshop and has a scaled down version of Camera Raw. Or you could add Lightroom to your workflow and use it in conjunction with the Photoshop that you have now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything stated above is correct. I just wanted to add that should you decide to go the route of converting your files to DNG, you can find more info and download links for the DNG Converter here:  Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines