• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Update (multiple) DNG previews in ACR - is this a bug?

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I open a few DNG files into Photoshop/Adobe Camera RAW, then make a white balance change to all of them and then click Done.

I have Update DNG Previews selected in Prefs. Should work fine, BUT if I try to do it to more than one file at a time I get an error message - either "Unable to save the raw conversion settings - there was an unknown error" OR "Unable to update DNG previews - there was an unknown error".

The first file in the selection updates, not the others. I can do one at a time no problem too.

As a final twist, if I go back and try again with the same files I get the same error BUT the previews actually have been updated.

I am viewing the images in Photo mechanic, then opening them into ACR via a Cmd-E. I need the DNG previews to update so I can see my edits in Photo Mechanic.

Anyone else seen this? I can't find any references to this problem anywhere.

Thx

Nick Rains

Australia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Hi PatrickBaldwin,

sorry to hear about this. Does the marked solution  in this discussion helps you in resolving the issue?

Unable to Save Raw Conversions Bridge ACR 2018

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your descriptive post.

The issue you've described does sounds like a permissions problem. How are your Camera Raw preferences set?

Do you write the changes to the Camera Raw database, or to XMP sidecar files? If you write to XMP, then it's important that the disk/folder where the images reside has write permissions.

Let us know the your findings.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as the OP. This is not a permissions issue. This is a bug that has been in CC for a while. I'm amazed that Adobe still haven't sorted it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PatrickBaldwin,

sorry to hear about this. Does the marked solution  in this discussion helps you in resolving the issue?

Unable to Save Raw Conversions Bridge ACR 2018

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash. Yes this does fix it.

Many thanks. Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only works until you set jpg preview to full size. then the problem is back!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I have now discovered that while deleting the preferences does cure the problem as soon as I configure the preferences to my needs the issue returns. The changes I make to the preferences are:

Apply sharpening to preview images only

Increase Camera Raw cache from 5GB to 10GB

Update embedded jpeg previews in DNG's full size

Disable Jpeg and Tiff support.

On a Mac running Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi patrick,

did you find a solution??

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I haven't found a solution yet but I will test out what you said about the jpeg preview size. I am dismayed that Adobe have let this go on for so long.

Thanks for the tip.

Best wishes. Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes... i am really disappointed too!! best solution for the moment is to go back to bridge cc2017. everything works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still occurring with me also: Mac OS Mojave, both Bridge 2018 and Bridge 2019.

See my other posts:

Camera Raw: Unable to save raw conversion settings in Mac OS Mojave. | Photoshop Family Customer Com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines