Highlighted

Unneeded updates... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reload an older version of Camera Raw because the 12.3 is pretty much unusable in production. Way too much scrolling, hidden features, etc... 

It was bad enough when the last version hid sync and select icons, now that's totally gone. WTF? 

If you want to "move forward", and dumb things down (like Elements), at least offer Expert where you can control the UI.

TOPICS
Bug, DNG, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unneeded updates... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reload an older version of Camera Raw because the 12.3 is pretty much unusable in production. Way too much scrolling, hidden features, etc... 

It was bad enough when the last version hid sync and select icons, now that's totally gone. WTF? 

If you want to "move forward", and dumb things down (like Elements), at least offer Expert where you can control the UI.

TOPICS
Bug, DNG, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 28, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were scrolling too much, change it to single panel in the preferences, so that only one panel is open at a time. Yes the hidden features can be a pain at times, but after using the new version for some time, I found it very difficult to go back to the old version. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 1
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the single panel mode simplifies things greatly. If one takes the time to familiarize oneself with the new user interface it really isn't all that bad. It might take a session or two to become accustomed to it. But everything is there, it ain't broke, it really doesn't need fixing, it isn't dumbed down, it's just different. I think Camera Raw users are just kind of stuck in a rut, have blinders on. Take a little time and learn something new. On the other hand, now you can hammer on me, which I'm sure you will.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 2
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/06/acrv12-3.html

Customizing Panels — ACR’s new single column panel display makes it easy to work with multiple panels at once.

• Click the Settings icon (the gear) and choose Preferences > General (or Control -click (Mac) | right -click on the name of a panel) to select a panel mode:

Single Panel Mode – displays panel options for one panel at a time – clicking on a panel expands the contents of that panel while collapsing any other open panels (useful when working on a laptop or smaller display as it eliminates the need to scroll through several open panels to access options).

Responsive Panel Mode – ACR will intelligently open and close edit panels to automatically fit your monitor.

Multi Panel Mode – leaves all opened panels expanded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0