• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates for Camera Raw for D750

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Nikon D750 a week or two ago and found out that Camera Raw didn't support this model.  The very next morning there was an update available and now CR actually recognises my camera but still won't recognise RAW files, only .jpg.  Is this the case for everyone or just me, as I did experience an error message when I installed the update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Hi TracieLouise22,

Please install Camera Raw 8.7 camera raw. This release of Camera Raw 8.7 for CC is prerelease software and is designed for evaluation purposes only. The software contained within the installer is not final; but, many portions of the technology are fully implemented and ready for you to try and discuss.

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7 CC Release Candidate | digital camera raw file support - Adobe Labs

Thanks,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past 10 plus years when Adobe would release a new version of ACR and stated which cameras it supported I could count on it being accurate. With the Nikon D750 camera the ACR 8.7.1 does not work with CS6 and generates an error message that it cannot open the file. The last thing I want is to downgrade my RAW files to DNG files. There is data in the RAW files that is lost with the conversion to DNG format.

If Adobe is using the ACR as a pretext to force people to go to their online subscription service for Photoshop then it is time for me to start migrating my company's projects to other application software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D750 was added in Camera Raw 8.7. Are you certain you have updated Camera Raw? Also, did you happen to use Nikon software to download the images? The Nikon software (at least certain versions) do something to the images that make them not readable with Adobe software. Adobe is not forcing you to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a D750 last month and have downloaded the Camera Raw 8.7.1 update, as well as the DNG Converter 8.7.1. I have Lightroom 5, Photoshop Elements 13, and Photoshop CS5 - none of them will recognize the Nikon D750 NEF file. I downloaded it to my iMac using Nikon Transfer. Are you saying that I cannot use Nikon's download programs to download these files? If not, then how can I download them? I rename all of my files as I download from the memory card. Thanks for any tips and tricks you may have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Transfer is probably the culprit. Older versions in particular have a way of doing something to the images that makes them not readable by Adobe products. There is a utility that is supposed to repair these images that have been damaged by Nikon Transfer.

Fix Corrupted Nikon NEF Images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! I just downloaded the latest version of Nikon Transfer and it seems to have resolved the problem. I’m so glad I found your comments on the forum! I’d been searching for a “fix” via a Lightroom plug in for several hours!

Jennifer Wall

jenniferwall@mac.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear you are finding a resolution for your problem. There really is no compelling reason to use Nikon Transfer to download your images. It doesn't do anything special to the images. I would strongly recommend that you use Bridge to do your downloading. It works very smoothly, and doesn't cause the problems that Nikon Transfer does. I don't know if you use Lightroom, but it has a very good import facility as well. If you don't want to use Bridge or Lightroom, you can safely download just using your system browser (Windows Explorer or Finder, depending on your OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been using Nikon Transfer because it offers a simple way to rename my images as I download them. Does Bridge or Lightroom offer that came capability during the download process? If so, I might give it a try. I’m on a new iMac.

Jennifer Wall

jenniferwall@mac.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are renaming options in both Bridge and Lightroom. If you really want to continue using Nikon Transfer then you are going to have to use that repair utility on every image that you download from your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i’m actually just in the “testing phases” as I’m a Lightroom newbie. I’ll experiment with Lightroom to see how that works. It will actually save me an extra step if I can set it up to do what Nikon Transfer does.

Hey, thanks so much again for the help - I really appreciate the info!

Jennifer Wall

jenniferwall@mac.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Lightroom 5.7 and Photoshop CS6. I cannot open my RAW files from Lightroom into Photoshop even though I have downloaded the DNG converter 8.7. I have a Mac and have just upgraded to Ox X El Capitan. Once this converter has been installed, is the process automatic? I had no trouble opening my RAW files from my D700 in Photoshop although I also got a message that I needed to download some program, I ignored the message and it always opened. Now, I have to export my RAW images as JPGs and then open then in Photoshop. I don't use Nikon transfer, I use the finder to copy images onto my external disc and then I import images into Lightroom. I do still need to edit images in Photoshop sometimes and would prefer to keep them in RAW. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D700 had support all the way back to Camera Raw version 4.6 and Lightroom 2.1. There should be no need to use the DNG Converter in your case. Photoshop CS6 uses Camera Raw to open supported RAWs. If you go to Help > About Plug-In > Camera Raw on the menu bar, what version does it say it is? Go to Help > Updates to update Photoshop.

Referring to the DNG Converter itself, no, it's not automatic; you'd have to convert your RAWs to DNGs first by pointing it to a folder containing the RAWs. But again, you would have no need for it if all you wanted to do is open and edit your RAWs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I replied over on your post in the Feedback forum, you need to upgrade your ACR plug-in for Photoshop to ACR 9.1.1.  This latest upgrade for CS6 can be found, here:

Keeping Photoshop Up-To-Date

One thing that is confusing about what you're posted, is that both here and on the feedback thread you've added to a much earlier discussion about the D750, but the only camera you mention is the D700.  My assumption is that you've recently upgraded to the D750 from the D700 and that's what is different that makes PS not work; however, you also mention that you've just upgraded to El Capitan, which could be what is different, now.  It would be helpful to know what precise camera model you're currently using that isn't working with PS, but as Warunicorn said, above, your LR is new enough for D700 and I said over on the other discussion LR is also new enough for the D750.  I also concur with Warunicorn that the DNG Converter isn't going to be needed in this situation so concentrate on getting your Camera Raw (ACR) plug-in for PS updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello helpful Mr Sprengel. I have just bought a Nikon D750 and taken my first photos. I downloaded to my Mac in CS6 but the files won't convert to dng. I have updated to the DNG converter to 8.7 so if I apply that to the downloaded NEF files it converts them but I would really like it to do the conversion as it is downloading. I checked that i have ticked the 'convert to dng' box in Bridge but it just won't do it. I also can't open the files in Photoshop unless I use the converter on the downloaded files. Any help would be much appreciated. regards

Tess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D750 raw files should be natively supported by a newer version of the ACR plug-in for CS6 so no need to use the DNG Converter for anything.  The last version of ACR that you can use with CS6 is ACR 9.1.1.

This latest upgrade for CS6 can be found, here:

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied and reported success too soon. I downloaded the ACR9.1.1 and thought it was ok but what I've just raised what I downloaded in my test were jpegs. I just tried downloading some raw files and the Bridge Photo Downloader won't let me select "convert to DNG" in the Advanced Options section. I can ow see the NEF files in Bridge which I couldn't before the download but I would like to convert as I was downloading.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these NEFs from the D750? You don't need to convert them to DNG; Camera Raw/Bridge and Photoshop should be able to work with them as is.

Nonetheless, what happens when you go to convert them to DNG in Bridge's downloader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NX2 is the "Culprit"! I transferred my RAW Photos to my Hard drive using this Program, and even with RAW version 9.6 I got the ERROR message...I deleted NX2 from my computer and used Photoshop to transfer my NEF Files and Problem Solved... Thanks a Bunch ssprengel !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines