• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates for Camera Raw for D750

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Nikon D750 a week or two ago and found out that Camera Raw didn't support this model.  The very next morning there was an update available and now CR actually recognises my camera but still won't recognise RAW files, only .jpg.  Is this the case for everyone or just me, as I did experience an error message when I installed the update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Hi TracieLouise22,

Please install Camera Raw 8.7 camera raw. This release of Camera Raw 8.7 for CC is prerelease software and is designed for evaluation purposes only. The software contained within the installer is not final; but, many portions of the technology are fully implemented and ready for you to try and discuss.

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7 CC Release Candidate | digital camera raw file support - Adobe Labs

Thanks,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TracieLouise22,

Please install Camera Raw 8.7 camera raw. This release of Camera Raw 8.7 for CC is prerelease software and is designed for evaluation purposes only. The software contained within the installer is not final; but, many portions of the technology are fully implemented and ready for you to try and discuss.

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7 CC Release Candidate | digital camera raw file support - Adobe Labs

Thanks,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it.  I am on CS6, not CC, but I found the link... thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have d750 nikon, I m facing the same issue. My photoshop cs6 is not allowing me to get access to raw files. Please help me cope up with this.PLEASE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ll need ACR 8.7 to recognize D750 raw files.

The only place you can get this version, so far is Adobe Labs, and it’s a public beta version, so doesn’t update via the normal updates mechanism, you have to do it by hand:

http://labs.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i couldn't find it. i have the same problem so if anybody knows where i can download it, i'd appreciate it.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of ACR, 8.7.1, is available on this page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

ACR 8.x is only compatible OSX 10.7 and newer, and Windows 7 and newer, and only works with CS6, CC or CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. i guess it won't work for me. i have cs3 and run yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d suggest getting Lightroom which is relatively cheap compared to Photoshop and can do all the raw processing but you can still open TIF or PSD copies of the LR-adjusted photos in your older PS for PS-type adjustments.

You can also use the DNG Converter 8.7.1 to create DNGs from the raw files and MAYBE those will open in ACR 4.x if that old of a version is compatible with DNGs. I don’t remember.

You can get the DNG Converter from the Adobe Updates page:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG converter didn't work for some reason. i know i could buy Lightroom, but i'm a bit upset that i can't make this work without buying anything. having been an adobe customer for about 15 years it's really disappointing to see that they don't offer a solution for an old product/software, only a new product that costs money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does want to get paid for their work, and any revenue they made from CS3 has long since been spent.

A somewhat applicable analogy for expecting free updates forever is like going to a buffet, paying once, eating all you want, then coming back with your receipt and expecting to get free refills on your drink even though you never spend any more money for a meal. Sure a drink costs less than a full meal, but it does cost something so you shouldn’t expect to get it for free forever after paying only once.

Not getting paid is why they invented the cloud pricing model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see it rather this way: i pay for a buffet and want a drink only but they want me to charge me for a full meal again. i wouldn't even mind paying something little for ACR but it's not fair to be buying everything. i know they want us to buy the new version. i don't mind paying anybody for their work, not even adobe but i don't like to be ripped off every six months or so. i simply don't need new version of any program except for ACR.

cs3 was not cheap but i feel like i always HAVE TO spend more money, not because "I" need a program but because adobe decided to make more money with a new program, rather than support/update an old one.

I'm looking forward for a good competitor. it's just a matter of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you’re seemingly wanting is for the maintenance and compatibility updates to continue for older versions of software without the functionality upgrades, and be able to get them for free or at a reduced cost, as if the rearchitecting and coding to keep up-to-date with various OSes and cameras is somehow trivial while the coding for new functionality is difficult and worth paying for.

We’re up to Photoshop version 15.2.2 so what your line of reasoning implies is that for every version of PS since 1.0, there should be a viable installer available on Adobe’s website, which works with every operating system and every computing platform and every camera since the beginning, regardless if those platforms are still supported by their manufacturers, and includes every bugfix as well, just so people can choose which combination of old and new components they want to use in their photographic or graphic-design workflow and minimize their payments to Adobe.

From Adobe’s perspective, they are wanting to be efficient and provide value to their stock holders, and as such, there would be minimal priority giving to maintaining multiple development tracks for each version/OS/platform combination, which could be dozens, each with additional developer and testing and deployment resources, just to provide a benefit to those who don’t want to pay the comparatively cheap upgrade price every 18-months with Adobe only maintaining one version, on two platforms, with a single minimum OS version on each—so two development/testing/deployment tracks not dozens.

Sadly, if you had actually paid the +/- $200 upgrade price three times over the last 5-7 years for PS CS4, CS5 & CS6 you’d be home free.

There are other free raw converters that are slower and may have less quality, where RawTherapee is one: www.rawtherapee.com <http://www.rawtherapee.com>

From Adobe, Lightroom is reasonable choice for up-to-date raw processing without paying for a full version Photoshop, while the Photography Plan for $10/month is the most value if you want both LR and PS to be up-to-date.

Both the standalone LR 5 and the PS+LR Photography Plan for $10/month-with-annual-commitment can be found, here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html

Though the version of standalone LR 5 software to download is the latest LR 5.7.1 version, from here, so you don’t waste dime downloading LR 5.2 and then immediately having to download and update to LR 5.7.1:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

L3791 wrote:

DNG converter didn't work for some reason. i know i could buy Lightroom, but i'm a bit upset that i can't make this work without buying anything. having been an adobe customer for about 15 years it's really disappointing to see that they don't offer a solution for an old product/software, only a new product that costs money.

What problem did you encounter when you tried to use the DNG converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a message: "The source folder does not contain any supported camera raw files." my source was the memory card with pictures. in preferences, i selected 4.6 Camera raw (i'm running cs3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you got this error when using the DNG Converter 8.7(.1) when trying to convert the raw files to DNGs from your memory card?

If so, then the issue is likely that when you select the source folder 100NIKON (or whatever it is called) you should merely single-click on the folder name, rather than double-click to open the folder.  This is because you're selecting a folder not individual image files.  I shouldn't matter whether the input folder is the camera memory card or a place you've copied everything to on the hard-drive, the rule about single-clicking on the folder name to select it is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssprengel, that worked!!! i must've double-clicked when i first tried. thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, forgot to say thank you for your kind reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am just finding out that I have this problem with my camera raw, I have downloaded all the updated plugins and still can't get it to work....which is the exact Adobe reader do I need to download? Confused which one I need and don't want to download the wrong one...I have photoshop cs5 windows....hope you can help....Dona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need ACR 8.7 or newer to work with NEFs from the D750. CS5 can only host ACR 6.x so you cannot update it to work with the D750. Basically your software was obsolete at the point the camera-raw plug-in was updated for the D750.

Your choices are to buy CS6 by calling an 800 number where they’ll try to get you to sign up for the CC subscription: http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html

Or buy the CC Photography Plan subscription including both Ligthtroom and Photoshop CC for $120/year billed at $10/month (US).

Or use the free DNG Converter to create DNGs from your NEFs that’ll work in your older software:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

You have a new camera and need new software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what ssprengel‌ said, if you opt for Photoshop CC and if you live in the USA, your local Best Buy should sell annual pre-paid Creative Cloud cards if you don't want to pay monthly or don't want to use your credit card. (I think Amazon.com sells them too; don't quote me on that.)

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan (1-User) (1-Year Subscription) - Windows|Mac|iOS - Best Buy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the CC subscription and still can get LR to upload my .NEF files... what do I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lum57430449 wrote:

Hi! I have the CC subscription and still can get LR to upload my .NEF files... what do I need?

Did you mean, "can't?" Lightroom should be able to read your NEF files provided the camera is supported. (Bleeding-edge models that were just released have to wait a month or two before support gets in there.)

What model camera is your Nikon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I meant "can't" and I have the Nikon D750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of Camera Raw that you have installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines