• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating to Camera RAW 9/10 in Elements 9

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to a Canon 80d and my Elements 9 won't open the RAW file.  I believe I need RAW 9 at least for the 80d and my Elements 9 is working on RAW 6.  I have tried the updates section on my help menu to try and force an update but nothing happens.  I have also tried to find a link on the adobe website to manually download an update.  I have come across the option to use the DNG converter but really don't want to faff around doing this every time I download images from my memory card.  Surely every time you upgrade your camera you shouldn't have to buy a new version of Elements?  There must be a way to update the programme?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Your camera requires at least Camera Raw 9.5. That means you need at least Photoshop Elements 14. Camera Raw 9.5 isn't compatible with any version earlier than that. The DNG converter is your free alternative. The easiest way to use the DNG converter is to use it as you are download utility. Just use it to download the images from your camera or preferably a card reader. The conversion is done during the download process in a single step. It just takes a little longer than a normal download. The

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your camera requires at least Camera Raw 9.5. That means you need at least Photoshop Elements 14. Camera Raw 9.5 isn't compatible with any version earlier than that. The DNG converter is your free alternative. The easiest way to use the DNG converter is to use it as you are download utility. Just use it to download the images from your camera or preferably a card reader. The conversion is done during the download process in a single step. It just takes a little longer than a normal download. The other alternative would be to purchase an upgrade to Photoshop Elements. The choice is yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines