• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User presets not available for jpegs

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time the user presets i have bought and installed are not available for jpegs opened in camera raw. They are available from the user presets list for nef (raw) files but not for jpegs and it never been like that. I used to open jpegs in camera raw and edit with user presets without problems and now they are gone. How can i get them back for jpegs on the user presetes list ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that would depend on what the preset adjusted. For instance, if the preset chose different profiles that are normally available for raw images then that preset wouldn't be valid to apply on a JPEG because different profiles aren't available for JPEG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It adjusts tones and colors. Why profiles were available before both for jpegs and raw files and now they don't ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw files and jpgs have a different bit depth, so that could also affect the presets. Just look at the difference on color temp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see difference in color temp.Even if they are different in bit depth why in versions before of Camera Raw it worked same for both and now they don't ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I misstated what I meant with the bit depth. Raws normally have 24 bit depth, while jpgs have only 8 or 16. There is a lot more info in a raw file, so raw presets may not translate to jpgs. You will notice that the color temp scale for jpgs start at 0, where as for raw, it's the a color temp compensation number like 5500. That might not translate with the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What profiles are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines