• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to share jpg images modified by camera raw.

Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Camera Raw 9.1.1 to modify some jpg images.  I want to share the modified images with family members.  Most default viewers of jpg images will only show the original jpg image before the changes.  How can I collapse the changes so that the images can be viewed more widely by common jpg viewers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Hello, in Camera Raw, select the save image option in the lower left hand side. This will create a copy with all develop setting applied (Baked in) Open, process, and save images in Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in Camera Raw, select the save image option in the lower left hand side. This will create a copy with all develop setting applied (Baked in) Open, process, and save images in Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I go back and do a batch at one time?  Can I overwrite the original file?  For example, I have 6 modified jpg files (they started out as jpg and were modified by camera raw) in a folder.  I go back and open all 6 in camera raw, then save each one as you noted (takes 2 clicks) which is tedious (times 6).  Then I have to go back into the folder and delete all the originals and batch rename to new files to get rid of "copy".  Again, tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would then use Bridge, select the files, then go to tools>Photoshop>Image Processor, you can even select an action if you have a watermarking one, for instance, or a sharpening one, you can resize them (put the max size in each H and W, so that it takes care of portrait and landscape.

Image processor will create a jpegs folder, I would keep the originals, as you could want to re-develop them with a future version of ACR, and send the copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep a copy of all my original images in one file, and all the processed images in another in Dropbox.  So at the point when I need to to collapse the changes, I would prefer to overnight those files.  This avoids renaming the created folder and batch renaming all the files in that folder.  Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the workflow, you will see that you can select the location of the rendered files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a mix of jpg files, some edited in raw and some not, can I assume that the processor will handle all without breaking out the edited ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, once again, the best way is to try yourself : it creates by default a jpeg folder (but you can tell it to use a folder of your choice, at the location of your choice) and will render a file for each photo document it encounters.

Process a batch of Photoshop files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines