• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Werkt lenscorrectie wel goed in ACR

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik zie in de jpg file een bolvervorming die niet in de nef file zichtbaar is.

De opname is met 18mm gedaan, dus redelijk groothoek.

Bij conversie door andere tools is geen bolvervorming te zien.

Ik denk dat de ACR niet (of onvoldoende) de lens corrigeert.

Ik gebruik een Nikon 3200 en een Nikon 18-105mm lens.

Van beide is een bestand te vinden in de programdata map op mijn windows 10 PC.

Klopt het dat ACR mijn Nikon lens niet voldoende corrigeert?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

The photoshop elements version of ACR (camera raw) doesn't automatically apply lens corrections

or by default have a facility to apply the corrections manually.

Only in the case of cameras with built-in profiles, however the nikon D3200 is not one of those cameras.

Adobe Camera Raw differences between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements

I guess Adobe just includes all the same profiles that are included in the full camera raw to cut down on work, since they don't hurt anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

Ik heb Photoshop Elements 19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Art,

I'm sorry but the Microsoft translator is confused by the word "bolvervorming." Can you please describe what this means? Hopefully the translator will understand your explanation better than it understands that word.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

Bolvervorming is Sphere distortion in English.  A kind of fisheye effect but much less.

Hope you get it.

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK, thanks for the translation/explanation.

First look in this list and verify if your lens is covered. You say you have an 18mm lens but you do not specify the manufacturer. If not Nikon, look at the specific manufacturer (e.g., Tamron)

Supported lenses

The lens correction however, is often not automatic, you do have to "tell" ACR to do that (not everyone wants their images corrected as they want that "lens look").

To do this, click on the tab that looks like a lens. Be in the Profile tab and click the checkboxes for both Chromatic Aberration and Enable Profile Correction. You "may" need to also identify the make of your Camera and typically once you've done that the Model and Profile are automatically set.

However, if you have a unique off-brand lens, it may not appear and you'll have to select a "close enough" option.

Please let us know if this all works.

2019-03-16_13-46-47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

I Think you missed my PS: I'm using Photoshop Elements 19.

In Elements you do not have the icon with the lens.

My problem is: In Elements the correction is done automaticly, but i think it is not working well.

Is that a defect or is that normal for a 18mm lens.

Btw. the lens is supported :

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VRNikon3.4/6.4/12

Like i wrote, the files for the camera Nikon 3200 and the lens are in the computer.

Hope my question is clear.

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Art,

I'm sorry, it's been quite a while since I looked at PSE and I forgot what the ACR interface looks like. Is there no tab that looks like a lens?

And wait a moment, I just relooked at your original message and noticed that you are looking at a JPG image. There are two ways to correct a lens but that depends upon which way you are looking at it. Are you looking at it IN Photoshop Elements or are you looking at it IN ACR.

Help me here to help you: When you are looking at an image in Explorer, can you right-click on the image and tell it to open in ACR?

If you simply double-click, since it is a JPG image it will open in PSE and will ignore ACR. Since it's been a long time since I looked at PSE so I just did a search for how to correct lens correction within PSE, It appears that all you can do for this within PSE is manual correction. See this.

Retouch and correct photos in Photoshop Elements

I might be wrong but it does not appear that specific cameras and lenses are only corrected with Lightroom, Adobe Camera Raw, and Photoshop. If you try the right-click and say "Open in Camera Raw" and see if the option is there. If it's not, it might not be possible.

For what I'm about to say, please be aware that the options for ACR in Photoshop are considerably more intensive than the ACR they provide with PSE. However, if you shoot some raw images with your camera, that would make the image automatically open in ACR when double-clicked and IF the PSE's ACR provides lens correction than you should be OK.

I'm sorry about all my confusion, I was trying to help you in regards to ACR. You did say you were using PSE, but that had not sunk into my brain. If this explanation doesn't work I can move this thread into the PSE section where you can get more definitive help.

Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

The answer of Jeff seems the right one (unhappily).

Thanks for thinking with me.

Thanks for your time.

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Jeff knew a link to show the differences. I've just bookmarked that for future reference.

We all learn here!

Thanks Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photoshop elements version of ACR (camera raw) doesn't automatically apply lens corrections

or by default have a facility to apply the corrections manually.

Only in the case of cameras with built-in profiles, however the nikon D3200 is not one of those cameras.

Adobe Camera Raw differences between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements

I guess Adobe just includes all the same profiles that are included in the full camera raw to cut down on work, since they don't hurt anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

That's a clear answer. Thank you.

I assumed, and several people with me, that ACR corrected automaticly.

So i have to do this by myself in Elements or another program.

Thanks for your effort!

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines