• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When wil the sony a7r3 raw conversipn will be available in the raw convertor

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the sony a7r3 be available in the rawconvertor ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

It will be available when Adobe makes it available. Only Adobe knows, and Adobe never announces in advance. Frustrating, yes. A better solution, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be available when Adobe makes it available. Only Adobe knows, and Adobe never announces in advance. Frustrating, yes. A better solution, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you that we're aware of the camera, and working to add support for it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow! my whole editing process has been shut down using Lightroom! Not good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASAP is not good enough! We need a timeframe. Could you provide that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please - give us the update soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could tell you, believe me, I would. It's the policy, and one I didn't myself create.

The Camera Raw team is doing everything in its power to get this support out as soon as possible. You'll have to take me on my word when I say that the delay is frustrating for us as well. It is due to something outside of our control and we are really doing the best we can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy Jeffrey

Can you explain in detail why Adobe is not releasing updates at the same time as new cameras are introduced?

We professional users need this workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know it's sad when the only thing preventing LR from accepting files from the A7Riii appears to be that the model number in the exif is not on the approved list for LR.  All I have to do this change the model to ILCE-7RM2 and it works just fine.  Haven't had any problems editing ARWs from the A7Riii by just chaning the model in the files' exif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being on the "approved list" as you call it, means that Adobe has created camera profiles and other camera-specific customizations in the raw engine and then also have a stable product, otherwise, where they're always fixing bugs or making enhancements, so there's more than just new camera support changes in each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it.  I'm a PM for software development.  We're seem to be a little more agile than your current train seems to be.  LR currently appears to be capable of processing the files, with the exception of not liking the metadata.  I get bundling it with other bug fixes and features, but release of this camera was not a surprise.  Given the state of the application, and the apparent consistency of the file, I'm disappointed you have not been able to publish this branch by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re - Adobe: I can tell you that we're aware of the camera, and working to add support for it ASAP.

WHY didn't Adobe start earlier? I am sure Adobe received a camers from Sony for test and evaluation. Adobe had more than enough time to get this right.

This sounds as bad as Adobe Stock. They cannot get it together either,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a Sony A7RIII yesterday. Lightroom CC 2018/PS CC 2018 as well as Adobe Bridge CC 2018 cannot read these raw  (ARW) files.

Strange , because Adobe can read the raw files from the A9 I used on a shoot in June 2017.

However, don't despair as I have THE solution;

I used Capture One from Phase One - This works perfectly.

I attended a Sony Event in Munich yesterday where they invited Pros to test their equipment. They actually recommended Capture One for Post stating it was superior to LR. I must say the latest version (10) is excellent. OK, it has its shortcomings but it can read the Sony files from the A7III.

Sony owners get Capture One for a special price. As a Sony user, I paid €50 for my licence. That is not limited to Pros but any Sony user.

Keep shooting

DAStagg

UPDATE: Updating to version 11 was a BIG mistake!! I updated my C.O. Sony Express v. 10 to the version 11.  Apart from problems with it that are too numerous to mention here, Phase One have removed certain functions. I use dual monitors and as such looked in vain for this function in version 11.

I have just learned Phase One have left this mode  out, it is only available in the pro version. Phase One, you have lost a customer as I shall NOT be upgrading to the pro version. I'll shoot in jpg and raw simultaneously and continue using LR. Some day Adobe will update their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is quite ironic that if I use Capture One version 11 (which has had support for A7R3 since before the camera was introduced it appears) I can import the .arw Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 will not recognize and then export it as a .psd Adobe will recognize.

Maybe you can call them up and ask them to explain it to you LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a MESS!  I just purchased the Adobe 1 yr subscription only to find out that it doesnt support my new camera.  Furthermore, Adobe doesnt offer any Chat or phone support??

ADOBE - WHEN are you going to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON1 Photo Raw 2017 & 2018 BOTH support the NEW Sony A7R3 RAW files.

Too bad Adobe Lightroom (any version) still does NOT support the Sony RAW files from A7R3 even after 10 days of the NEW camera being released!

Is it time to CANCEL Creative Cloud membership and switch editing/workflow software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe updated the iOS versions of Lightroom CC tonight and in the description it states "Integrated ACR 10.1." Assumes that means we should see Adobe Camera Raw updated for the desktop apps very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this camera model is supported in Camera Raw 10.1, released yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I just updated Lightroom Classic CC to 7.1 release with camera raw 10.1  
A7Riii raw is now supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and now no images are viewable .. great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woo Hoo!!  Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines