• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I open Camera Raw???

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CS6 extended and Bridge CS6 that came with it. When I try to open image files from bridge to edit them in Camera Raw, I get this message:  Untitled.jpg

I tried searching for camera raw folder, no results. Apparently it's not even on my computer... Doesen't Camera Raw come with photoshop? Or am I doing something completely noobish? Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Arty.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

I figured that it works in Bridge if you click on a picture and select "open" in the File menu. It also works from mini bridge in photoshop, but the right clicking method and "Launch ACR" botton on the top of Bridge's menu doesn't work.

Oh, and by the way, for anyone who would read this post trying to solve the same problem:

SSPRENGEL'S SUGGESTION ONLY WORKS FOR CS5, FOR CS6 IT DOESN'T WORKS. SO IF YOU HAVE CS5 - CS5.5, USE THIS METHOD, IF YOU HAVE CS6 DON'T BOTHER. YOU CAN LAUNCH ACR BY CLICKING

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge’s parent application would mean “Photoshop CS6”. The message is saying you need to launch PS-CS6 at least once before trying to launch Bridge. Have you done this?

What happens if you open Photoshop, itself, then use File / Open, and browse to a folder that has raw files in it, then try to open one, there? Does ACR open or not, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.

What happens if you open Photoshop, itself, then use File / Open, and browse to a folder that has raw files in it, then try to open one, there?  Does ACR open or not, then?

ACR opened when I opened a raw file from Photoshop, and it worked absolutely fine. Still, though, for some reason I can't open ACR from Bridge - the same message appears... Is there any way to solve this issue? How can it not find Photoshop when I opened Camera Raw and launched it in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Google for “Bridge's Parent Application Is Not Active Solution” then you’ll find some solutions that sometimes work and sometimes not.

One is a YouTube video that suggests copying the AMTLIB.DLL from Photoshop’s program folder to Bridge’s program folder. In the video the guy overwrites the existing DLL. I think I’d be copying the DLL to a backup location before copying the other DLL in its place. Someone else renames the Bridge AMTLIB.DLL to AMTLIB.DLX before copying over the PS version of the DLL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEuy_i7aNto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured that it works in Bridge if you click on a picture and select "open" in the File menu. It also works from mini bridge in photoshop, but the right clicking method and "Launch ACR" botton on the top of Bridge's menu doesn't work.

Oh, and by the way, for anyone who would read this post trying to solve the same problem:

SSPRENGEL'S SUGGESTION ONLY WORKS FOR CS5, FOR CS6 IT DOESN'T WORKS. SO IF YOU HAVE CS5 - CS5.5, USE THIS METHOD, IF YOU HAVE CS6 DON'T BOTHER. YOU CAN LAUNCH ACR BY CLICKING ON THE IMAGE IN BRIDGE AND SELECTING "OPEN" IN THE FILE MENU. DON'T USE THE ACR ICON OR RIGHT CLICK MENU TO OPEN ACR, IT WILL NOT WORK. YOU CAN ALSO OPEN ACR FROM PHOTOSHOP, AND IT WILL WORK

Thanks for help ssprengel, my problem is solved but I still wounder why I can't open ACR using the disignated buttons...

-Arty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,
just so you know i watched the video and did the exact same thing on Photoshop CS6 and it worked fine.
Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amkgore wrote:

Hello there,
just so you know i watched the video and did the exact same thing on Photoshop CS6 and it worked fine.
Cheers

It didn't work for me... oh well, tough luck   Thanks for sharing your experience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Bridge's Prefs/File Associations and make sure that each of the file types with which you work in Ps are correctly linked to your current version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting File/Open or right clicking on the photo and selecting open in camera raw give me the same error message.  What does work for me is simply double clicking on the photo in Bridge.  Right clicking from mini Bridge also works, but double clicking in Bridge is much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maybe it will help

I've cs6 and cc and problem was with bridge cc and acr, so ...

copy amtlib.dll from bridge cs6 to bridge cc (security copy of dll of course) and it's working ,

- right click on raw file and open with acr - working

- double click on raw file - opening acr = working

have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines