Highlighted

Why did you do this to Camera Raw?

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to tell you this, but the June 2020 Camera Raw is more complicated and less easy to use than the previous version.  Why hide things in submenus, when they were more than adequately available previously? 

Click on Detail and one has to search for a way to change Masking, Radius, and Detail.  I found out how but those were immediately available previously.  Who approved these changes?

Is there a way to go back to the old screen and keep the ACR updates?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

If you're looking for an answer from Adobe in this forum I think you will be waiting a long time. This is a user to user forum. We all just users like yourself. I don't use Camera Raw that much, mostly a LrC user. From what I have observed, Adobe has heard the voice of disgruntled users and is working on some sort of fix. Don't know what it is, but something is in the works. In the meantime, if you want to revert to the previous version here is the link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x 

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why did you do this to Camera Raw?

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to tell you this, but the June 2020 Camera Raw is more complicated and less easy to use than the previous version.  Why hide things in submenus, when they were more than adequately available previously? 

Click on Detail and one has to search for a way to change Masking, Radius, and Detail.  I found out how but those were immediately available previously.  Who approved these changes?

Is there a way to go back to the old screen and keep the ACR updates?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

If you're looking for an answer from Adobe in this forum I think you will be waiting a long time. This is a user to user forum. We all just users like yourself. I don't use Camera Raw that much, mostly a LrC user. From what I have observed, Adobe has heard the voice of disgruntled users and is working on some sort of fix. Don't know what it is, but something is in the works. In the meantime, if you want to revert to the previous version here is the link:

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  Same issue.  Where's the masking in detail?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on one of the arrows on the right side of any of the three adjustments listed under Details.  Really dumb changes.

Don't understand the reason for the changes, as all the same functions and adjustments are available, just in a less obvious presentation.  Cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could come back to the previous version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't received a reply to that question, and probably won't.  I'll try again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jim, and yes I realized Adobe wouldn't reply personally. I just
wished to give others a forum to vent whatever concerns they might have
about the latest ACR. Maybe this isn't the right place, but still.....

As for returning to the old ACR, I suspect it best to wait for Adobe to
come up with some sort of fix, rather than add a plug-in. However, thanks
much for that information, as others may wish to use it.

Thanks again,
Bruce

--
Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
bbartrug@gmail.com
www.brucebartrug.com
•The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but
because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein
•In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence
of our friends. -Martin Luther King
•Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and give the appearance of solidity to pure wind. -Orson
Welles

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey Tranberry frequents these forums as the manager of digital imaging so not in vain at all....
We just need him to be honest and ethical about this mess instead of avoiding the issue...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What then is the whole point of these forums if the owners of the company and the highly paid 'professionals' who develop these programmes aren't listening to user feedback???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 'decided' to upgrade today and when using I could not find the lens correction feature. Delved into every menu and submenu..no joy. So I downloaded the previous version and although I lost a favorite feature (clarity) it was better than dealing with a kludgy interface. I'm so PO'd w Adobe right now.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. These highly paid 'professionals' are like politicians and weathermen. Roles where you are paid a lot of $$$ to fiddle with the truth.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one peruses the comment marked as the answer to this thread, one can perceive that Adobe is working on a fix for the latest version of ACR.  I'm hoping same involves an option to use the previous user interface.  Also note there is already a plug-in available loading the old UI.  Therefor I see no reason to castigate Adobe programmers with false assertions of their professional motives.

Bruce B

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines