• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why do I have two versions?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a strange question , A few days ago I updated Photoshop cc (v20.0.2). Now it's telling me that my Photoshop cc ( 19.1.7) needs to up date also? so which version is correct? I did open the 19.1.7 found out its missing many of my brushes, yet they are in the 20..  Now in the (v20.0.2) I've noticed titling when I'm in camera filter raw. very frustrating!

In my adobe creative cloud, it's also wanting me to update the bridge CC (9.0.2) & CC (v8.1)

So far the Lightroom is up to date.

The most important question, am I running two different versions? holy crow! that's a lot of space it's taking!

Please help!  Especially the titling in raw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Photoshop 19 and 20 are two different versions. You can uninstall version 19 using the CC desktop app.

I've noticed titling when I'm in camera filter raw.

Do you mean tiling? Try to disable the GPU. Go to Preferences > Camera Raw, and uncheck Use graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 19 and 20 are two different versions. You can uninstall version 19 using the CC desktop app.

I've noticed titling when I'm in camera filter raw.

Do you mean tiling? Try to disable the GPU. Go to Preferences > Camera Raw, and uncheck Use graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, I wasn't sure if we could delete.. I've updated before and never had the older version remain.

Yes, I meant titling . I went and changed the settings.

Cant Thank you enough,( Per Berntsen. )Seems like everything is running smooth again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, older versions would automatically be uninstalled unless you went to Advanced settings and unchecked it in the install dialog. Now it's the other way round, older versions will not be uninstalled unless you go to Advanced settings (or whatever it's called now) and check the box.

I think this is the way it should be, it makes sense to have the previous version to fall back on in case of serious bugs or other problems. Once you're confident that the new version is working properly, you can then uninstall the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it doens't make sense. It's like replacing your old sofa with a new one. Wou won't keep the old sofa in case the new one brakes!...

If we are paying for an application we expect it to work, not to be a work in progress or full of bugs. Nothing is perfect of course but there shouldn't be THAT MUCH TO UPGRADE FOR AFTER SO MANY, MANY, MANY UPGRADES... which sometimes feels useless! Sometimes also, upgrades add to the confusion. I'm not paying monthly fees to get «upgrades» but to get an app that worsk seriously and that does not needs updates! When a circle is a circle, you can't upgrade it to a square!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>To me it doens't make sense. It's like replacing your old sofa with a new one. Wou won't keep the old sofa in case the new one brakes!...

The problem with all analogies is that they have shortcomings. The new sofa analogy does not really apply to software in my view.

All software has bugs. Guaranteed. The issue is: do they affect you? Gold software which has passed the beta stage should have fixed most of the important reported bugs. However, developers will still be aware of issues which need fixing - even when they ship the software.

A new software version may change, replace or add features which are important for my workflow. I don't want an upgrade to force me to change my workflow because a feature I use often is removed. I'll install the new version alongside my existing version, explore it, then uninstall the older version when I'm ready.

Unfortunately, in this world of rapid software iteration, updates and upgrades may be released with showstopping bugs, or glitches or introduce new problems on my system such as slowing the  system to a crawl. It's a fact of life. I keep at least 2 versions installed so that I can swap between them if I need to. Once I'm convinced the new version is solid, I'll uninstall the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines