Why won't files open in Camera Raw from Bridge?

I am trying to open files in Camera raw from Bridge but get the following message.

"Bridge's parent application is not active."

Both Bridge and CS5 are open and I have opened camera raw previously.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Why won't files open in Camera Raw from Bridge?

I am trying to open files in Camera raw from Bridge but get the following message.

"Bridge's parent application is not active."

Both Bridge and CS5 are open and I have opened camera raw previously.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
32 Replies

Re: Why won't files open in Camera Raw from Bridge?

Which version of Camera Raw do you have?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

It is Version 6.2.

If I double click on a .NEF image in Bridge then it opens into Camera Raw.

It I right click or use the icon to "Open in Camera Raw..." the I get the error message.

I would like the option to open JPG files in Camera Raw so I could batch process some adjustments on my old files, particularly my photos taken underwater.

Thanks for your help,

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Not sure why you're getting the "parent" error message. With regarding to editing JPEGs, though, you can do that by visiting the Camera Raw preferences. At the bottom of the dialog is a section titled "JPEG and TIFF Handling". Set the JPEG popup menu to "Automatically open all supported JPEGs" so that you can open your JPEG images into ACR (instead of directly into PS, for example).

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I have changed the settings as you suggested but can't see how to open jpegs in Camera Raw. Thanks for your help.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

ozanota01 wrote:

I have changed the settings as you suggested but can't see how to open jpegs in Camera Raw.

With the suggested changes, with the Photoshop application open, the choice of File - Open in Photoshop and picking a JPEG file will cause the JPEG file to be read into the Camera Raw plug-in, where you'll have the choice to use the controls there on it.  That has nothing to do with Bridge, and may explain your difficulty with the answer.

-Noel

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I am with the same problem. I worked  in Camera Raw from Bridge, and since last week, I receive the same message.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I doble clicked on the DNG file in Bridge and it appears also. but if I open it in Photoshop, at first the image is opened in camera raw so it works but not in Bridge. any suggestions?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Yeah i have just the same problem. And it also happens when i want to copy development settings from a adjusted raw-file. Alot of different things won't work. Almost half the options in right-click is stopped by this strange error.

I doubt it can have anything with the raw-file converter to do since it's no problem to open with doubleclick.

So, ADOBE, what is the problem here?

Just for the record, both Photoshop and Bridge is open when this happens and i got my CS5 Design Premium only a week ago.....so i'm scratching my head and cursing at the same time here.

This is a work-PC with Windows XP Professional if that matters.

Really hope ADOBE or some other smart people can come up with a sollution for this problem....really soon

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I have the same problem! Can anybody have a solution?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I just fixed this problem with installing the new Adobe Patch Installer. Apparently there was a shitload of little bugs that needed fixing and our problem was one of them...so now everything works perfectly.

Here's the link to the download area.: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4733&fileID=4431

Hope it works for you too!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I ran the Patch Installer and it didn't help me with the "Bridge's Parent Application is Not Active" message.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines