I apologize in advance for my rather pissed off question, but this is annoying me so much it's hard to put into words. I have a responsive project with videos and a "next" and "back" button. The videos are .mp4 files and were importet using Media/Video/Eventvideo. All the buttons do is switch the video to a different one, kinda like a slide show for video. This is done with multiple states of the video. Now, this works fine up to 10 videos and after that Captivate just sh*ts its pants and does not display any more videos. I know that this is not due to some wrong setting because different videos are missing when previewing multiple times. Filesize also can't be the issue because the videos are tiny (around 200kb a piece). I have tried EVERYTHING. Mutli-state videos, showing and hiding different video-object and even splitting the videos on sepperate slides. Nothing worked. I greatly appreciate ANY help because I am starting to lose my mind over this.
I am a new user too, but I will be using several short clips in captivate for training purpose, a limitation on video uploads does not sound a good start.. Hope to see a quick response while I trial this software.
I have not heard about any specific limit on the number of video files that can be included in a project, but there are plenty of recorded instances where a specific CPTX project file has become corrupted and then all sorts of weirdness can occur?
Have you tried tesing whether or not corruption is the issue by simply using a new blank CPTX project file and throwing the 10 videos in that, one on each slide?
Have you made sure you have reset Preferences and cleaned out your Project Cache too?
I have cleared my cache (which I came to learn can be a rather risky endeavour) and I have also opened an entirely new project and made a video with 12 states and a button cycleling though them, the same issue still persists. I have absolutely no idea why this could happen. I testes it on different systems and it still does not work. This is really starting to get on my nerves.
By all means please contact Adobe Support about this issue. This is just a User Forum, not Adobe Support. You may have found a bug that needs to be addressed.
I create similar projects (responsive with fluid boxes) with event videos (50 or so) and very occasionally see this. But closing and re-opening plus clearing the browser cache works for me.
I would follow Rod's advice! I hope you get this resolved asap.