• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

170 Questions in Pool - Crashes every time we try to set the Quiz Preferences

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate crashes evry time we try to set Quiz Preferences > Quiz Settings >Ok(button)

The Project has > 13 Questions pools with a total of 170 questions.

It just goes into not responding mode and crashes as and when "OK" is clicked post the settings are done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show us a screenshot of how you have named your Question Pools?  You must not use any special characters in those names. That has in previous times been the cause of a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here are the screenshots of the Question pools .Have not used any special characters.

Screen3.pngScreen1.pngScreen2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These names look fine to me.  My next idea would be to see if the total number of question is causing the issue.

I suggest you take a copy of your current project and try deleting pools and then republishing again to see if there is a point at which functionality returns.  If you find you can delete all pools and it still doesn't fix the issue then it may not be connected with the pools at all.  But if deleting one or more pools fixes the issue, then you can test these specific pools to see whether perhaps there are corrupted components or quiz slides causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

Have tried out something similar ...but in a reverse way.

Created a new file>>Done the Quiz Preferences(as required)>>>Imported the Question Pools (one by one) from the old file to the new file.

Currently able to publish as well.But not really sure what the problem was, I guess the number of Questions in the Pool , since I could see it getting slower and slower as and when I the number of  Pools increased.

Anyways , Thankyou for the quick response.

Had an other query with respect to the Random Quiz...On how to have them timed?Is there as solution ?Have tried the Timer widget but they dont seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue may have been some corruption in one of the pools or a question in that pool.  Moving pools to a different project is a lot like copying and pasting objects from one project to another.  This has always been a good way to try and strip out corruption that has crept into a Captivate project.  (If only it was as easy to strip out corruption in politics or business...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources