• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

20x increase in cptx file size in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Captivate 2019, I've been updating some of my courses. With the same screens captured, the same audio added and the same settings, my file sizes have ballooned. One file has changed from 54MB to 1.2GB. This is obviously ridiculous, has anyone else encountered this problem?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

How many slides are in this project?

Do these slides have a lot of video content?

I recommend you try the following:

• Create a new THEME from your Cp 2019 1.2 GB project and save it somewhere to reimport in a moment.
  • Create a new blank Cp 2019 CPTX project that is the same height and width as your current file and apply the new THEME to that project.
  • Copy / paste all slides from your 1.2 GB project into this new CPTX.  If there are too many slides to paste at one time, do them in bunches of 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blessings of HTML output, sorry for that sarcastic note.

You need to be much more careful now and use all possibilities to decrease file size. For video mp4 leads to much bigger file sizes than the former FLV and you lose transparency. You need to use images in exactly the needed resolution, not rescale them in Captivate.  Did you edit anything before conversion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. No video involved. these are static jpegs with mp3 voiceover. I've just tried an old trick, create a new blank project, then copy and paste all the bloated project's slides into that. Suddenly, it's back to a normal file size (in this particular case, 10x smaller)!  So, a viable workaround.  I've been using Captivate since (ahem) v2 and this is the first time I've had this problem. It's an odd one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is an old trick used when a project is bloated. You have been lucky that you didn't have to use it previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many slides are in this project?

Do these slides have a lot of video content?

I recommend you try the following:

• Create a new THEME from your Cp 2019 1.2 GB project and save it somewhere to reimport in a moment.
  • Create a new blank Cp 2019 CPTX project that is the same height and width as your current file and apply the new THEME to that project.
  • Copy / paste all slides from your 1.2 GB project into this new CPTX.  If there are too many slides to paste at one time, do them in bunches of 10-20 at a time.
  • Check the total filesize of the CPTX when all slides are in.  My guess would be that it is quite a bit smaller.

Let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources