• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Fatal Error Occurs When Recording a Video Demo

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today,  tried to record a video demo using Captivate 2019 about 5 times in a row with each attempt resulting in fatal error.

I cleared the cache (Edit/Preferences/Global Preferences:General Settings) after the first 2 attempts, obviously to no avail.

I was able to record video demos as late as yesterday.  But not today. 

I am using Windows 10 and I noticed that an update was downloaded at 12:02:18 AM on June 27, 2020. But I am not sure that is the source of the problem.

My version of Captivate is 11.5.1.499.

When I searched the forum for similar problems and I found a post about a fatal error occuring when a user was creating an assessment simulation.  But I'm wary of using the .dll solution reported in the post thread for my problem with a video demo.

Has anyone else had this exact problem and found permanent fix for it?

I'd appreciate any help.   Thank you in advance.

(If I need to provide additional system data, please let me know.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Lilybiri,

Thank you so much for responding to my post.

I now know what was causing the problem.  It was my screen resolution setting. Specifically, I needed to lower the resolution to 1920 x 1080.  At the time, my resolution was set at 2650 x 1440.

Thank you again for offering to help.

Andre

PS:  And just to answer your question: I do not operate with run as administator turned on. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try to double-check to day, to see if the Win update is causing the problem.

Probably superfluous question: do you run Captivate with 'Run as Administrator' activated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

Thank you so much for responding to my post.

I now know what was causing the problem.  It was my screen resolution setting. Specifically, I needed to lower the resolution to 1920 x 1080.  At the time, my resolution was set at 2650 x 1440.

Thank you again for offering to help.

Andre

PS:  And just to answer your question: I do not operate with run as administator turned on. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please use that option 'Run as Administrator', certainly when you want to do screen recordings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources