• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A tooltip related to a text entry box appears in published course

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I did a series of text entry boxes in four consecutive slides. The problem is that in the fourth entry box, when visiting a second time such slide, a tooltip with previuosly entered data  appears, but I don´t want it. Funny thing is that in the three previuos boxes no tool tip appears. In all cases, the "retain text" is unchecked. Why in the last box the tooltip appears? Any hint?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That small tooltip does not look like it belongs to the Text Entry Box to me.  It looks like the tooltip appeared in the original software application just as the capture was being taken.  Sometimes a capture will also pick up a rollover object and include it as a part of the background graphic on a separate frame.  So, effectively you are seeing a very short video clip where the end of the clip shows this tooltip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. The capture comes from a client´s Word document, it has no tooltip captured. The tooltip appears when, practicing for a second time the exercise, you start typing in the text entry box; it suggests the data that you entered the first time. My client doesn´t want such tooltip; the previous text entry boxes don´t have such problem, but this last one does, even when it has the same parameters then the previous ones. It happens with the two browsers I have: Chrome and Edge; perhaps it has something to do with the configuration of the browsers. I think I´ll check what happens if I put the slide "alone" (not as the final box in a series of boxes), or maybe trying the arrangement (layering) of the objects. If I find something I´ll let you know.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you delete that fourth text box and reinsert it?  Does the tool tip then reappear?

Does that third text box have the Hint option selected?  If so, turn it off.  (The hint caption may be set up to show the variable associated with the text box.)

TEB_HintVariable.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hint option is not selected.

I tried deleteing the fourth TEB and inserting a new one, as you suggested, but it doesn´t work: the autocomplete suggestion (the tool tip) still appears. I compared the third TEB to the fourth TEB to replicate all the relevant parameters, the order in the timeline and the pause time, so the fourth mirrors the third, with no success. 

I guess that, as the autocomplete suggestion is more a browser issue, there´s no point in trying to solve it from Captivate. Though I wonder why it appears only in the last of a series of TEBs.

I found this thread with a problem similar to mine, but it seems a tough one.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/stopping-browser-autocomplete-in-text-boxes/td-...

I´ll try to find a solution. I appreciate your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other place where these types of 'text boxes' can appear is from the browser Auto-fill functionality.  To test whether this is the case, preview the project as HTML5 in Captivate, and while the web browser is open, open the browser settings and disable each of the browser autofil options while also testing whether or not the mysterious text caption still appears.

If this turns out to be the cause of the caption, then it means that end users are going to see this same text object as well unless they also change their browser settings.  To my knowledge this is not something that you can configure from within the Captivate HTML5 content or coding.  (A JavaScript expert on this forum can correct me if I am wrong.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources