• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A way to override the skin player to make it do something else than go to next slide?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I have a question.

Is it possible to override the player in a way that [forward] on the player is not just always the next slide?

What I'm making is a very simple elearning with some chapters. I made a chapter menu with buttons. The buttons go to the first slides of a chapter. For example: button one goes to slide 4. Button two to slide 16. Button 3 to slide 30. Etc. But I need slide 29 (last slide of chapter two) to return to the chapter menu. But I' m using the regular player/skin thing. Also I'm using the infamous click box to prevent progressing to the next slide automatically.

This was posted by me on the elearning adobe blog website earlier. But here is more apprioate I suppose.

thanks,

Tjalling

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Create custom navigation buttons (maybe I answered same in the eLearning portal), unless you have a programmer who can create a custom playbar. It is so easy to create custom navigation. you can have buttons timed for the rest of the project, which can be hidden or shown, you can have other buttons on master slides etc.

Why need a click box, I never use that to pause a slide (old technique). If you have a Next or a Previous button, it can have a pausing point. Other way is described in this olde

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create custom navigation buttons (maybe I answered same in the eLearning portal), unless you have a programmer who can create a custom playbar. It is so easy to create custom navigation. you can have buttons timed for the rest of the project, which can be hidden or shown, you can have other buttons on master slides etc.

Why need a click box, I never use that to pause a slide (old technique). If you have a Next or a Previous button, it can have a pausing point. Other way is described in this older post: have one shape button on the main master slide:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/easy-timeline-tweaks

You can use the TOC as navigation tool as well, or create a sliding menu with hyperlinnks that navigate directly to your chapters. Too many possiblities maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, very interesting and I will take a good look at your advice and suggestions. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This blog includes an offer for a shared action, which allows you to hide/show a group of buttons on each slide, by setting only one parameter:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/shared-or-advanced-use-case-hide-slash-show-custom-navigation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If for whatever reason you have to use the inbuilt playbar instead of custom navigation, and you are not afraid of a little JavaScript, you might find some useful tips here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/can-i-jump-to-a-particular-page-using-the-back-button-in-th...

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/08/forced-navigation-playback-controls-captivate/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaanf, 

Javascript is not an option I'm afraid. But thanks a lot for the reply and the links.

regards

Tjalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources