• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessibility issues Screen reader not reading text in fluid boxes - Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have ensured accessibility is enabled when publishing, and I know it is 'working' as any text sitting outside of a fluid box is readable, however, text contained in shape or text box within a fluid box is not read by the screen reader. Is this working as expected? Did I miss a step? Or do I need to add descriptive text to each fluid box (i.e. copy paste the text?)

It also seems as though tabbing though objects within a fluid box is also not functioning? Am I missing something here as well?

ANY/ALL help would be much appreciated,

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're looking to have the descriptions read from a screen reader, be sure you've clicked either "auto Label" (and it's auto generated) or you'll have to go in and label everything yourself. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/creating-accessible-projects.html#customize_accessibility_te...

It's generated via a javascript function. It works when published, but not when previewed, I just tried it in Captivate 2019, you have to use Enable VoiceOver. Let me know if this helps.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources