• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding CC to Slide Video, freezes when generating thumbnail images

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Captivate 2019 and have created many projects with slide videos and the closed captions are added and work just fine. However, this time around Every. Single. Time I try to add CC it freezes (stops responding) when I click "ok" and it is generating the thumbnail images. I have to force quit to do anything and then of course the captions aren't there when I open it back up because I had to force quit. Has anyone expereinced this and found a solution? My next idea is to add CC to the videos directly but then users can't turn them off, so that isn't an ideal solution, but it is a last resort.

Thank you!Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.11.24 PM.png

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on a Mac.  Have you recently upgraded your OS to Monterey?  If so you will need to install the Captivate 2019 version 11.8 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't upgraded yet. Do you think doing that would fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade to Captivate 11.8 if possible,

Not sure if it will fix your issue, but it's a good start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at:

Adobe Captivate 11.8 Released - eLearning

That blog has a link to the release notes for 11.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release notes stipulate that a project edited in 11.8 will not open in 11.5.

Like many other users, I am on a Windows machine.  Where is the 11.8 release for Windows users?  

So far all I have seen is mention of the 11.8 for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for 11.8 on Windows as far as I understand. But new users and trial version will be 11.8 also for Win users.  I don't want to install 11.8 on my Win systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is that in many organisations you have both Mac AND Windows users that need to work on the same files.  If all of the Mac users will need to be on 11.8, then all of the Windows users will also, otherwise they won't be able to open and edit the same files.  That would cause chaos in many organisations.

Why don't you want to install 11.8 on your Windows systems?  I don't understand this.  We know that because there are some issues with Captivate 2019 on Windows 11 systems some developers are finding they cannot upgrade to Win 11 despite the fact that (like Monterey OS on Macs) it has been available for months.

I have to say that all of this is making Adobe Captivate look bad.  It seems at the moment to be virtually unsupported by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the first release notes (december) support for Win11 was not mentioned (yet).  I didn't update to Win11 neither for multiple reasons. That is one of the reasons I didn't install 11.8 yet. I will try to install it on an iPad Pro which I use for several Adobe apps which are a pain in... when using a Windows system with a non-US keyboard. 

Agree with your last paragraph, user support seems to be less and less important for Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources