Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Same Video multiple Times

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I need the same video to play on separate slides. I have imported the video as a Slide Video from my computer on Slide 2. The video works correctly on that slide. On Slide 10, I need to play that video again. I'm trying to drag it onto slide 10 from my Library. When I do, I get the insert Video dialogue again with the same options chosen as when I inserted it on Slide 2. So I don't change anything and click OK, and get an error message "Video encountered an internal error". If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or a better way to place the same slide video on two or more slides (without importing multiple copies of the video into the project and making the project huge), I'd be so grateful! 

I'm using Captivate 2019, 11.5.5.553 on Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Indeed, contrary to other objects, multiple instances of a video (event video would be an object) will always increase the file size. Slide video can always become an interactive video, so there it is normal that multiple instances will increase file size, whereas to me it is not completely logical that it is also the case for event video. Is it really not possible to use a link to the video published on YouTube (in private mode of course) or elsewhere for the slide video to avoid that increase

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, contrary to other objects, multiple instances of a video (event video would be an object) will always increase the file size. Slide video can always become an interactive video, so there it is normal that multiple instances will increase file size, whereas to me it is not completely logical that it is also the case for event video. Is it really not possible to use a link to the video published on YouTube (in private mode of course) or elsewhere for the slide video to avoid that increase in file size? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thank you, Lilybiri! That's unfortunate.

I'll look into using YouTube. Are there any drawbacks to using Youtube for Slide/Interactive videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No real drawbacks, but you'll have to make sure that the videos are private, not public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my videos are private, it seems they can't be added to Captivate. I get an error message saying, "Unable to Insert video due to... The video may be private". If I use Unlisted instead of private, it seems to work. Just an update for any future reader trying to accomplish this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up. I will try to remember this because personally I never use this streaming way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources