Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2017 not installing

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to install Adobe Captivate 2017 yet it keeps getting stuck on the error 103.

I've been able to install the 2019 trial without any issue and have now tried the 2017 on two

PCs and the same error perisists.

its really frustrating as a paying  customer I have some adobe packages and the one I really need not isn't installing.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

I found that in the requirements page says "with WebGL compatible Graphics Cards" https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/user-guide.html/captivate/system-requirements.ug.html
to check if  you have webgl https://get.webgl.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I don't  answer this type of questions because they are linked with a license. I am just user but bit confused by your quesiton. Do you have a subscription license for Captivate? Captivate is not part of the Creative Cloud, which means that you need a separate license. You were able to install the trial version of the most recent release 11.5.  As usual you cannot have a trial version for an older version. Can you clarify please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I had the 2017 version but don't have the CD anymore. Was advised to download and install the 2017 trial version and then enter my license and this would work.

Yet when downloading the version 2017 the above error occurred 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know there was still a CD version. This means you have a perpetual license, correct?

Will try to get you help from a staff memmber but I suspect the problem is linked with the fact that you installed a trial version of a more recent release before installing your licensed older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only installed the trial version of 2019 when I couldn't get the 2017 to work.

i downloaded the 2017 version direct from the adobe site 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. As promised I contacted staff. They may get in touch with you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the links from here. This includes all the updates so you will get the most up to date version of Captivate 2017. There also could be a problem with the downloaded files you have. Make sure you follow the directions because if you are not logged in to your Adobe account it won't let you download it.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Apologies for the inconvenienece caused.

I have drop you an email with the links to CP 2017 over the email. Kindly re-download it and try the installation again. 

Kindly reply to the email in case of any issues.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue. I downloaded the trial version of Captivate 2017. But the installation fails with 103 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that in the requirements page says "with WebGL compatible Graphics Cards" https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/user-guide.html/captivate/system-requirements.ug.html
to check if  you have webgl https://get.webgl.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources