• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2017 on Mac Keeps on Crashing when I click on Publish video and have to force quit

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Small question 

I am running the following setup

Macbook Pro 13 Inch Mid 2012 (Mac Os Catalina 10.15.6)

And I am running a version of Capitivate for Mac 2017 with and Institutional Serial Number

When I try to publish to MP4 the status bar goes to 100% and then hangs and an empty mp4 is created and then I have to force quit 

I sent the cptx file to my line manager who is running on windows and the MP4 creates fine for him

Any suggestions welcome have tried the clean preferences option 

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to use Captivate 2017 on Mac OS Catalina, is that correct? Cp 2017 is not compatible with that version of Mac OS. You would need to be using Captivate 2019 version 11.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to use Captivate 2017 on Mac OS Catalina, is that correct? Cp 2017 is not compatible with that version of Mac OS. You would need to be using Captivate 2019 version 11.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod 

thanks for the information forgot I updated my OS recently hence why it worked before do you know if it's a free upgrade to 2019 or is another license required for that ??

would of been nice if it told me that at point of upgrade 

thanks Stefano 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your license is a subscription then you should be able to upgrade for free.  If it was purchase as a standalone license then you'd need to pay for the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources