• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019 assets blank screen

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media/Assets is blank .Any idea how to fix it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW CAN I NOT FIND A RESOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET AND YET THERE ARE A MILLION THREADS ON IT?!?!?!?>!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the problem of how people use ALL CAPs in the mistaken belief that it will get more answers and won't just annoy people?  That problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't you a empathetic troll...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure to have connection to the same Internet as we all have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this was supposed to be fixed with the latest release of Adobe Captivate 2019 (Update 5). There was an interim solution made available in August. If you are unable to update your copy of Captivate 2019 (recommended), you try the steps here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/issues-with-asset-panel-in-adobe-captivate-2019-release/td-...

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the blank Assets panel. I am running version 11.5.5.553 and have also tried the AssetPanel.js fix, without success. Are there any other possible solutions? I am running trial version, as I wanted to be sure the product will suit my requirements before purchase. 

Any help greatly appreicated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the exact same boat. I tried this fix as well, without success. This happened when I first downloaded it, and deleting my elearning assets then restarted. It worked then, but not today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Paul - This is the latest version of Captivate, I even reinstalled it but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps @Saurav can check on this for us or maybe email captivatehelp@adobe.com for support.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul and all - I've got the same issue and have tried the fix to no avail. I hope Adobe will fix this soon. In the meantime, is there any other place to get the assets? I need to put together a quick project and was hoping to use a quick start project 😞

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG - it's working! Sorry for the exuberance but I'm sure you can all imagine how exciting it is to finally see assets! Ok, so what did I do in the 15 minutes since I last posted and since I started this whole saga days ago? Well, not much else than others have really. I checked for Captivate updates (there were none), updated my MacOS (only to Catalina because I have colleagues who have suffered greatly with Captivate by updating to Big Sur), checked for Captivate updates again (still none), tried three times to download the new AssetsPanel.txt file, change to .js and replace. None of it worked and I posted my desperation to find the quick start projects elsewhere (see 17 minutes ago). After that post I restarted Captivate with a heavy sigh, clicked Assets to see what downloads I had (since that part of the panel had always been loading) and lo' and behold everything was there! I will say that the last replacement I did of the .js file happened after I updated my Mac so perhaps that was the magic alignment...? I don't know. I can only say don't give up...it worked for me eventually!

But seriously....if this is an interim solution it should be fixed. So many people are having this problem but little luck with the solution. 

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after 2 reinstalls and trying all the workaround solutions for the past 2 days It's working for me as well today (Magically). it only means that Adobe making updates without proper quality checks in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Masood,  it just means the Assets server was down or there was some broken connection between the server and the Captivate licenses around the world.  We'll probably never know exactly what happened, but this may not have been Adobe's fault at all.  Let's give them some benefit of the doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources