Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 9 not publishing in HTML5 to computer folder

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow learners, 

I just finished a Captivate 9 course that I need to publish in HTML5. When selecting <Publish To My Computer>, specifically the HTML5 output format, I am getting the error below. 

"Could not copy folder to C:\Users\Anabel.AcevedoDeJe\Desktop\Creating New KnowledgeArticles\Assets".

I haven't had this issue with previous Captivate versions, and not sure why I would not be able to save a file into my own computer folder created on Desktop. Would this error be related to a Captivate 9 setting or computer permissions? Please advise! My only option for now is to publish in HTML5 to run the course into the Rustici SCORM Cloud and then pass it on to my colleagues for courseware testing. The course will be eventually published in Cornerstone LMS.

Thank you, 

Anabelle Acevedo

Adobe Issue.PNGAdobe Issue2.png

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video , Getting started , Import export , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

The error states very simply that it cannot copy to that location.

To me that means Captivate does not like that location for some reason.

1. Perhaps there is a permissions issue - Admin rights?
  2. Perhaps that  dot  in the file name it throwing a wrench in things or the spaces?
  3. Both of the above...?

Can you try saving to a different location that does not have any symbols in the path (no decimals, no spaces)?

Personally - I am leaning towards number two and would want to rule that out first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error states very simply that it cannot copy to that location.

To me that means Captivate does not like that location for some reason.

1. Perhaps there is a permissions issue - Admin rights?
  2. Perhaps that  dot  in the file name it throwing a wrench in things or the spaces?
  3. Both of the above...?

Can you try saving to a different location that does not have any symbols in the path (no decimals, no spaces)?

Personally - I am leaning towards number two and would want to rule that out first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Turns out Captivate did not like the location I picked to save the published file so I changed it. I was able to save in the C:\Users\Anabel.AcevedoDeJe\Documents\Downloads folder with no issues. Still, I went ahead and submitted a ticket on my company's IT division because I want them to check my permissions and/or any issues with Admin rights. Again, thank you so much for your advice, and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also seen this error happen if you still have the previous published content open in the web browser at the same time when you are trying to publish again to overwrite content in that same location.  Since the content is already open in the web browser it stops you with that error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...or if you have the target location open in Windows Explorer while you try to publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources