• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Beep on Undo and Zoom

Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 running Adobe Captivate 9.0.2.437 EVERY TIME I hit Command Z to Undo, or hit Command + or Command - to zoom. Captivate does a small (yet annoying) beep. I can find no preference to stop this. Anyone out there with a fix (or the same issue)?

You won't see the undo, redo, or zoom in this Captivate video, but the audio still applies. Video of beeping:

Adobe Captivate 9 Mac beep - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kelly, have you tried to close other applications that might be open? I'd close one, then test, etc. I wonder if it's a conflict between Captivate and another application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly no. I restarted my computer (just now) and there are no applications running, it still beeps on undo, redo, and zoom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another note: this only happens when I use keyboard shortcuts (I'm on a Macbook Pro). No beep when I use menus. (I have carpel tunnel in my fingers from mousing, so using menus actually causes physical pain, not just emotional pain .)

This doesn't happen in any other application on my computer. All Adobe Creative Cloud applications,  MS Office, or any browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug seems to be not fixed in the latest version as of March 2019.  On a normal Mac application a beep would usually mean that something has gone wrong.  Using Command-C to copy causes a beep, and using the menu to copy doesn't, though those actions should be identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue with Captivate 2019; ALL CMD commands are suddenly (started this week) causing a weird submarine/sonar beep, which is making me crazy. Using my mouse to achieve these commands via the top menu or right-click does not result in this sound, but is ultimately more cumulative work and bad for fingers, wrist, arm in the long run. This sound does not happen with any other app, just Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My advise is to use the Feature Request/Bug Report Form to make the development team of Captivate more aware of these, seemingly, MacOS-specific problems.

Make sure to indicate your MacOS version and your Captivate version correctly. Meaning: do not write something like Captivate 2019, instead look it up in Captivate right-side from the Apple under Adobe Captivate/About Adobe Captivate ...

Do it, the more the better!

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources