• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe captivate crashes when I try to launch video demo.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe captivate crashes when I try to launch video demo. I am running captivate in administrative mode I'm using Windows 10 professional. I have tried the recommended fixes. I have replaced captured DLL, that did not fix the issue stop.

The following details in Windows Application Event viewer:

"Faulting application name: AdobeCaptivate.exe, version: 11.8.0.586, time stamp: 0x61b31be2
Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098826e
Exception code: 0xc0000409"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe not doing anything for it. It is getting very irritated. Why does Adobe expect us to pay for a software which has issues and which has not been fixed for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that you posted a reply on another thread about a similar issue from the middle of last year:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/captivate-2019-new-v11-0-5-quot-fatal-error-quo...

However, replacing the Capture dll on your Captivate 11.8 version with one from an earlier version of Captivate is not necessarily going to be a solution.  Unless you thought to keep the capture.dll file that originally belonged to 11.8, I would recommend that you remove and reinstall Captivate 11.8 completely again so that you are starting afresh with all the right files that are supposed to be part of that version.

If Captivate was crashiing when attempting a video demo, that could be due to other causes.  For example, not launching Captivate using Run As Administrator privileges.  Are you doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reinstall Captivate yesterday, it did not help. Please take your time to read the original post. I am using Administrative mode to run captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for your reply @RodWard . I reinstalled it once again now, still facing same issue. Why don;t you guys fix this problem once and for all in a new update or release. You are not living up to your reputation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing the same issue - have also followed all the advised steps and have no Logitech software on my laptop. This issue seems have been around for quite some time now - is there any solid answer out there ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources