• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Exporting Project Captions Not Finishing File

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Running Captivate 2019 on Mac iOS Monterey. I am in the middle of about 20+ files that need to have the text and cpations exported to Word files for an English to Spanish translation and I have hit a road block. Up until this point I have had no issues, however I am now running into this problem where I open my Captivate file, click to export the captions and closed captions and it runs the export with no issue. But when I go to open and view the Word file after there is nothing there! I am attaching screen shots of the flow from what I see on my end from the export showing all the exporting preview text but then when I open the Word file it is just a blank page. Any help and advice would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Thank you both for the quick responses! I apologize for the late reply here, I have been traveling. As it turns out I was able to successfully export my files after turning off the closed captioning that was set to these particular problem files without me knowing. For anyone else who may find there way here with a similar issue the path to view the captions it is Window > Slide Notes , then at the bottom where the timeline is you'll see where you can toggle on/off the captions (below). I did no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version number are you running? For example, I'm running 11.5.5.553. I'm a Windows user but I know there are only certain versions of Captivate that will run properly on macOS Monterey. I don't know all the issues with attempting to run an incompatible version with Monterey but this could be one of them. Click on the Help dropdown and select About... to find the exact version number. You might just need to update Captivate to the latest version for macOS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/captivate/kb/early-build-adobe-captivate-2019-mac-big-sur.html 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound as being a stupid question, but it has happened a couple of times with other users. The export keeps the text formatting (object styles for captions and shapes). What was the color of the texts resulting in the Blank pages? I see in the screenshots that some colored text appears fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for the quick responses! I apologize for the late reply here, I have been traveling. As it turns out I was able to successfully export my files after turning off the closed captioning that was set to these particular problem files without me knowing. For anyone else who may find there way here with a similar issue the path to view the captions it is Window > Slide Notes , then at the bottom where the timeline is you'll see where you can toggle on/off the captions (below). I did not have to remove them to have a successful export, I just turned them off. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 10.47.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources