• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Project Download Video Format (Not HTML5)

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on creating a tutorial for a website portal with the video capturing the screen, and a text-to-speech providing a voiceover.

When I preview this (PREVIEW > PROJECT), a new tab opens in the browser, which plays the video. However, I cannot find any way to download this. PUBLISH > PUBLISH FOR DEVICES creates a folder in my computer, which stores the file in HTML5 format (I guess).

How can I download the video that I view when I preview the project?

Best,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is a non-responsive project, only Preview HTML in Browser will give you a correct preview.

Preview for Devices (App) was meant to use PhoneGap to create an app for mobile devices. However PhoneGap is no longer supported by Adobe.

You need to publish to HTML with Publish to Computer. The output folder needs to be uploaded to a webserver or a LMS (if you turned on Reporting). In the first scenario it can be launched as any other website by using the URL pointing to the index.html file. In the second scenario (LMS) the LMS will provide the link.

You can publish to Video (mp4) as well, but you'll lose all interactivity. That passive video can be downloaded of course and played with any media player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources