• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Quiz Results Analyzer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still available for Captivate 2019 Release?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Hi JörgH,

I have a full (non-demo) version of Captivate 11.5.5.676 installed. That is the latest update for Captivate 2019 for MacOS.

There is indeed no Adobe Quiz Analyzer App in the Captivate application folder. And it is, as Rod Ward says, an AIR-based desktop application. What is not quite true is that MacOS doesn't support the AIR-platform as it doesn't Flash SWF anymore. As far as I remember, before I updated to MacOS Catalina in December 2019 and also before the second last Update for MacOS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I haven't used it in a while, but just double-checked and it is still there:

QuizAnalyzer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am using the demo version for Mac. But I can´t find the analyzer. Maybe it was not installed with the demo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but as Windows user I am not able to help Mac users. Please wait until a helpful Mac user appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Quiz Results Analyzer is an Adobe AIR app.  AIR apps use ActionScript code and are more or less just standalone Flash SWF apps.  I think this is why you would not see this app listed in your Mac installation of Captivate.  As far as I know Apple OS does not support the AIR platform any more than it does Flash SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer! If I understand it correctly, does this mean that there is no analysis tool for the MacOS? So an analysis is only possible via LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JörgH,

I have a full (non-demo) version of Captivate 11.5.5.676 installed. That is the latest update for Captivate 2019 for MacOS.

There is indeed no Adobe Quiz Analyzer App in the Captivate application folder. And it is, as Rod Ward says, an AIR-based desktop application. What is not quite true is that MacOS doesn't support the AIR-platform as it doesn't Flash SWF anymore. As far as I remember, before I updated to MacOS Catalina in December 2019 and also before the second last Update for MacOS Captivate to make Captivate compatible for Catalina, the Adobe Quiz Analyzer App was a 32bit application according to tests with Go64.app. With the Catalina compatibility update of Captivate, Adobe removed the Quiz Analyzer App from the install package. That is IMHO the reason why we MacOS users don't have this tool anymore.

And, just to mention, my MacOS still supports Flash SWF . The only app that doesn't support SWF anymore is Safari 14 upwards. 

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Klaus,

thank you for the detailed answer. Then I know now.

Best regards, Jörg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also would like to thank Klaus for clarifying my understanding.  I did not realise that MacOS still had any support for 64 bit Flash or AIR apps.  You learn something new every day, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources