• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Quiz

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Variable "$$cpQuizInfoPassFail$$" it displays true or false, how does I get it to display "Pass" or "Fail"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cpQuizInfoPassFail is a Captivate System Variable that only gives boolean values.  If you know about boolean logic you will realise that Pass or Fail are not acceptable values.  So, if you want to display different values in a text object of some kind (e.g. a Smart Shape) you would simply need to convert the default values from cpQuizInfoPassFail into something more informative to your audience. 

A simple Conditional Advanced Action would do it, but you will need to create another User Variable to hold the surrogate values. 

IF cpQuizInfoPassFail == false, THEN var_MyCourseResult = Fail, ELSE var_MyCourseResult = Pass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You got a complete answer from Rod. You didnn't explain in which circumstances you want to use that system variable.  It is indeed a Boolean variable, when I use it I even use 1/0 instead of true/false. But I have never used it standalone to display, just in conditional actions. A complete list and several examples for Quizzing system variables are in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources